Image database
First of all, a big thank you for a brilliant application. I was a Popcorn Hour user, then recently tried Dune and was disappointed that after a few years dedicated streamers had not made more progress. When a friend pointed me towards XBMC I knew that I had found what I was looking for. I love the interface (and the fact that you can change it), but what really clinched it for me was the fact that here we finally have an interface that caters for all three main areas of home media ... film/tv, music and photographs. I was even more impressed when I discovered that XBMC will stream my DNGs from the server flawlessly as well without any noticeable delay (I am on a Gb LAN). Wow, all other streamers I had tried could not even play them at all, let alone stream them so smoothly.

You guessed it there is always room for improvement. What would make the photograph side of things in XBMC even better for me is an image database just like the film and music one. This would allow users like myself with vast image collections to select images to be viewed using such criteria as dates and other metadata (lens used, location) rather than having to wade through thousands of pictures and hand-picking them. Is there any chance of any of the programmers trying their hand at this? It would make XBMC so much more balanced if "Pictures" were no longer the poor cousin of Music and Video.
There is an addon in development that may be of some use to you. check out this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80845
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll check it out, but the thread looks a little dead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image database0