Linux Can't play .flac files
(2012-10-12, 22:08)uNiversal Wrote: In xbmc you can rip a cd to flac (amongst other formats) can you rip a cd to flac using xbmc and see if those files also do this?

I guess that you can also try playing the file from local hdd instead of network (if your not already doing that). personally I cant duplicate your issue.

I've tried playing them from the local hard drive, made no difference. Will try the rip option in xbmc tomorrow.
Sounds like it's a build issue in that case (you're on ArchLinux, right?)

Have you tried on XBMC for windows, as you appear to have a windows box?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm on ArchLinux, indeed.

On my Windows 7 laptop they play fine under xbmc.

I've ripped a cd on my Arch box, even those files will not play. The same errors appear in the log file. What to do? Sad
Ask the ArchLinux folk to fix their builds perhaps? As far as I'm aware, all builds that we produce are just fine in this regard.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ofcourse. I will continue on the Arch forum. Thanks for the support.
Just noticed that PAPlayer is not installed under /usr/share/xbmc/system/players. This could be the problem, because I've just noticed that even mp3 files won't play. And playing them with DVDPlayer works like a charm.
I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶c̶,̶ ̶m̶p̶3̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶i̶d̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶u̶x̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶h̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶.̶/̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶-̶-̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶-̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶=̶p̶a̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶g̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶

**Edit paplayer is under /usr/lib/xbmc/system/players/ not /usr/share/xbmc/system/players
removed the repository version, installing from source as we speak.
any news?
compile from source gave errors, will look into that some other time. In the meanwhile I've set DVDPlayer as the default audio player in my advancedsettings.xml, this works for now.
**small update**

Today, XBMC didn't start into the menu. So I decided to move the .xbmc folder in my home direcory, forcing XBMC to make a new one. Afterwards, I was able to play music files directly. Apparantly, a profile setting is affecting why I can not play music. Will dive into this in the weekend.
finally got some time to dive into this matter.

Deleted the old profile to force XBMC to create a new one. At blanc, playing mp3 files in directory mode works fine. Next step: connecting to my SQL database. When connected, I can't play any mp3 file from the library.

So I've deleted the profile directory again, and after creation of a new profile directory I didn't connect the Music database to the SQL server, but I let it scrape and store it locally. Now it works like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play .flac files0