XBMCBuntu install corrupted, now USB drive won't re-install!
Hello,

I seem to be in quite a difficult spot. I installed xbmcbuntu on my HTPC using a usb drive, and everything worked fine. I then decided that, rather than streaming from my PC (this was buffering like crazy), I would install a 2nd hard drive into my HTPC and store all of my media locally. While trying to set this up, I seem to have somehow corrupted my OS and it would no longer boot, so I decided to just reinstall and start from scratch. At the end of the install, I got a weird error message about it not being able to install grub, and the install again failed to boot. I tried reinstalling again, and now the install menu won't launch off of the usb! When I select "install xbmcbuntu," it just takes me straight into xbmc. I don't understand why a problem with my OS on a hard drive would affect my usb disc...what's going on?? :confused:

Specs:

Asrock E350M1 APU (AMD Zacate dual core E350 CPU, Radeon HD 6310)
OCZ 64 GB agility 4 SSD (for OS)
WD Caviar Green 1TB (for storage)
Crucial 4 gb 1066 ddr3

UPDATE:

So I finally got through to the install setup again, and discovered that my old copies of linux are still there! Rather than wiping the hard drive (as it said it was doing), it just installed another copy of the OS on top of the old. I now have 3 copies of ubuntu installed on this stupid drive! When I try to boot, I just get a black screen and a blinking cursor.
Fixed this after working on it all day. Never mind...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu install corrupted, now USB drive won't re-install!0