Whats the best way to segment my library?
Well using a profile with the same source makes more sense and is not pointless if I have a way to filter the entries per-profile within in that source (which I do with advancedsettings.xml... just not the way I'd like it seems), BUT I understand what you're saying. And yes, having them in a separate folder would work, I just prefer to have all my movies together and when I browse through them MYSELF (ie, with the master profile) I'd still like to see the kids AND other movies all in the mix.

Is there a way to combine the contents of two different sources into one viewable source that combines each of their contents somehow? I guess that would work too for my situation...?
The reason I said its pointless is the whole point of using a profile in this case for kids is so you don't have to do anything like that in the first place I'm pretty sure you would rather not edit file names

Yes you can add as many sources as you like they can either be added as completely separate sources so each source is visible as a separate source in file mode or added under one source so all sources are visible under one source in file mode as well as library mode, adding them either way you will always see all items from every source combined as one in library mode

Then under your kids profile you just add the kids source Smile

There's another option if you have them in a separate folder and you add them in XBMC as two separate sources you can use master mode and lock the source with your movies in your kids wont be able to access them in file mode and they wont be visible in library not until you enter your master code easiest way to do that is add the master mode dialogue on a remote button

Using that method you don't need to use a profile or playlists or any other method Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
late in the game, but in case it helps, here's my main movies playlist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="isnot">Stand-Up Comedy</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="isnot">Documentaries (Feature Length)</rule>
<order direction="ascending">path</order>
</smartplaylist>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whats the best way to segment my library?0