library - some files import, some don't
I have a video source on a local drive with 39 movies. Each one is stored as an iso in a folder with the same title as the file. There are a few "part1, part2" but most are "non-stackable".

Having set the relevant top level folder as a source, defined it as movie content and run an automated and recursive scan, only 14 of the movies made it into the library. I tried updating the library multiple times. Also, it doesn't seem like the file names for included files are that radically different in "structure" from those excluded. To give an example of some file names:

- La Bohème.iso; Starship Troopers.iso; Hamlet.iso; Phantom Of The Opera were all added
- Bleak House, Disc1.iso; Bleak House, Disc2.iso; Bleak House, Disc3.iso; Romeo and Juliette.iso; The Golden Ring.iso were all not added

I've read in detail this how to thread as well as the manuals it refers to: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

I've also spent several hours googling and reading this forum. I'm at the point where I think I need to throw in the towel and ask for help. Can anyone suggest what I may be overlooking? If I could simply import each file into the library one at a time I'd be happy right now. Of course, if I'm being a dunce (which is entirely possible) and have missed an obvious post or piece of information about this I do apologize.

Here's the debug log: http://pastebin.com/agM9VTFq
Ah, but have you seen the wiki guide? Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks Ned. Is there a particular section you had in mind? I have read that guide and (I think/hope) followed it. However, please let me know if there's a particular section you had in mind. I'm fully prepared to admit that I may have overlooked something obvious!
Mainly about naming files. Scrapers can be painfully picky about names, and even then sometimes there seems to be weird behavior with some titles.

Also, I just noticed you're using commas like in "Bleak House, Disc1.iso" should instead be "Bleak House.Disc1.iso" (at least I believe that's how the regex matching is done).

Another thing to try is searching movies on the scraper website and seeing how the titles appear there.
Yup, gotcha re file names. I think I'm going to use filebot to "sanitize" my whole collection. I'll then go over the steps here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ng_content

Another idea I had was converting my iso files to mkv containers. Any idea whether that may be worth a go? Also am I right in saying that if all else fails, I can manually add each missing movie using .nfo files?
If you don't need disc menus then you can normally convert to mkv without having to encode/transcode, so the quality would be the same, and it can make things a lot easier to maintain.

And yep, NFO files can be used if all else fails, either to point to the URL of the scraper website, or with the information in the NFO file itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library - some files import, some don't0