is tvheadend part of pulse-eight repo?
Or should i use tvheadends own repo?

Edit: what i mean is if the tvheadend binary is in the repo or do i need to get it from the tvheadend repo.

cheers
-gob
-gob

Tvheadend is part of the pulse-eight repo, but isn't installed by default (if you use the install-xbmc.sh script).
After the script is finished, a sudo apt-get install tvheadend is enough (assuming you haven't added other tvheadend repo's).
(2012-05-03, 13:50)-EaS- Wrote: Tvheadend is part of the pulse-eight repo, but isn't installed by default (if you use the install-xbmc.sh script).
After the script is finished, a sudo apt-get install tvheadend is enough (assuming you haven't added other tvheadend repo's).

Any chance there is an updated version that will install for Ubuntu 12.04? Last time I checked (2 weeks ago) It was locked at Ubuntu 11.10.
(2012-05-07, 15:54)nobleach Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 13:50)-EaS- Wrote: Tvheadend is part of the pulse-eight repo, but isn't installed by default (if you use the install-xbmc.sh script).

Any chance there is an updated version that will install for Ubuntu 12.04? Last time I checked (2 weeks ago) It was locked at Ubuntu 11.10.

I use tvheadend and xbmc-pvr (for Ubuntu 12.04) from this repo: https://launchpad.net/~alexandr-surkov/+...e/xbmc-pvr
Haven't noticed any real differences between those and the ones from pulse-8 on Ubuntu 11.10.

BTW: Inside install-xbmc.sh can quickly be seen which Ubuntu versions are supported (SUPPORTED_VERSIONS=(karmic lucid maverick natty oneiric)). No need for running the script. When a new build appears, one click on the script will show me if tvheadend/xbmc-pvr are available from the pulse-8 repository for 12.04.

Yep, that's the repo I'm using. It looks like in the latest git builds though, saving the raw transport streams has been disabled. The only problem with that is, they haven't quite gotten AC3 audio working 100%. So half of my recordings have no sound. Nothing is more frustrating than pouring a nice glass of wine and sitting to watch "Once Upon a Time"... only to find it is completely silent. ;-)

MKVtools show there simply is no audio track. After doing some reading on their Redmine tickets, it looks like this is only a problem with MKVs.

The reported bug is about a year old and it doesn't look like there has been any progress. I'm about to start testing out other backends as this is kinda annoying.
(2012-05-08, 04:08)-EaS- Wrote: I use tvheadend and xbmc-pvr (for Ubuntu 12.04) from this repo: https://launchpad.net/~alexandr-surkov/+...e/xbmc-pvr
Haven't noticed any real differences between those and the ones from pulse-8 on Ubuntu 11.10.

Looks like that repo has been disabled anyway.... bummer.
Quote:Looks like that repo has been disabled anyway.... bummer.

I just downloaded the TVHeadend DEB file (tvheadend_2.13~git20120305.0664329-ppa1~precise_i386.deb) from his repo site : https://launchpad.net/~alexandr-surkov/+.../+packages (Precise version) and installed locally on my new 12.04 server. Seems to working fine.
Do you mean the TVHeadend site? or Alexander's site? I can't download any files off of his launchpad site. The version that is listed is from May 1st, mine is from March 5th.
(2012-05-10, 04:53)nobleach Wrote: Do you mean the TVHeadend site? or Alexander's site? I can't download any files off of his launchpad site. The version that is listed is from May 1st, mine is from March 5th.

Alexandr's site. I just re-edited my post with extra info. I downloaded 5 March as it is the last successful build.
I also did try to to use TVheadend with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit LTS but it did not work for me either.
What you could try is after adding the pulse-eight repo, change the sources.list file:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pulse-eight-pulse-precise.list

and replace preceise to oneiric

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install tvheadend

For me my USB TV tuner did not automatically discover the other multiplexes and the services that are available on these multiplexes. So no channels where found. With Ubuntu 11.10 64bit it does work without any problems.

You could try the 12.04 on the given link. It was not available yet when i was trying. That's why i used 12.04 LTS.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Yep, I was able to download the deb archive and manually install that. Works a lot better as most of my recordings now have sound!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is tvheadend part of pulse-eight repo?0