movie / shows name "the"
Hi all,

xbmc change the movies and tv show names passing the "the" from the beginning to the end of the name.

For ex.

Tv show - "The middle"

on xbmc, on tv show list, it show "middle, the"

other:
original title: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

at xbmc, "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,the"

I have to search the movie for letter G and not T.

Is anyway to avoid those names changes? So it lists the names as they are.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and not "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the"

Thanks for your support.
System>Settings>Appearence>File Lists "Ignore articles when sorting (e.g. the)" turned off will now keep "The", "A", etc in the title when sorting/displaying.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi, thanks for your reply.

soon as I get home I will try it.

Thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:System>Settings>Appearence>File Lists "Ignore articles when sorting (e.g. the)" turned off will now keep "The", "A", etc in the title when sorting/displaying.

On my setup (either Dharma or Eden), this setting would only resort stuff the 'the' at the beginning. I added the XML below to my advancedsettings.xml file to have it do the same with 'A' and 'An.'
Code:
<sorttokens>
    <token>the</token>
    <token>a</token>
    <token>an</token>
</sorttokens>
Sorry for delay, but thanks for your answers, it worked perfectly.

Thanks
Thanks for the help. I am confused as to why the "ignore articles when sorting" only omits "the" and not "a" and "an" as well. I adjusted my advancedsettings.xml and will test when I get home.
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
i guess nobody in-team has been bothered enough by a/an movies. this is language specific, the base sits in langinfo.xml. submit a pr and we'll see how consensus ends up.
Big Grin strange... for music library I've the opposite issue, I would the article at the end but it's at the beginning: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129326.

Linear thinking:

1. if Ignore articles when sorting (e.g. "the") is ON then "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,the"
2. if Ignore articles when sorting (e.g. "the") is OFF then "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

no?
it ignores while sorting / keyboard hopping. but we do not reorder the label. we've been fighting over whether or not to do that one for years Wink
My brain is in favor of the team to reorder the label. Look how he works:

Nod
My twisted brain likes the shifted names Big Grin

This will be a never ending yes/no debate regarding the labels. Option would be to add another as.xml setting but there are already plenty
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Understand. Maybe a forum poll can decide for us?
(2012-05-02, 18:10)joethefox Wrote: Understand. Maybe a forum poll can decide for us?

Forum polls are useless. Only a fraction of XBMC/openelec use this forum and only a tiny amount would actualy vote.

Ofcourse i do understand your point of view Smile It's a matter of taste.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie / shows name "the"0