scraper does not work with upnp device but...
Question 
hi all, i've added movies from a upnp device and tried to use the scraper to get the movie info. it doesn't work. so i did a test and mapped the same folder from my NAS on my windows machine and added it. the scraper works. so i'm guessing scraper doesn't work with upnp devices? i've also tried this on OS X and XBMCbuntu as far as upnp but haven't tried mounting the folder locally and see if it works. am i wrong with my assumption? is there another way to access a folder on my NAS and have the scraper work?
Yes, UPnP + scanner == no go. UPnP is not a filesharing protocol. It is a media sharing protocol, thus comes with all the metadata, AND does not have stable URLs (i.e. the URLs cannot be stored for later access in a database).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-02, 06:28)jmarshall Wrote: Yes, UPnP + scanner == no go. UPnP is not a filesharing protocol. It is a media sharing protocol, thus comes with all the metadata, AND does not have stable URLs (i.e. the URLs cannot be stored for later access in a database).

thanks, so what is the suggested way of accessing a folder in my NAS? for windows mapping the drive and for all others mounting?
(2012-05-02, 06:30)w1n78 Wrote: thanks, so what is the suggested way of accessing a folder in my NAS? for windows mapping the drive and for all others mounting?

When you are adding the source click the Browse button, scroll the list down and choose "Add network location". Set the location type to SMB and type in the server name and share name. When you click Ok you'll see the source in the list as smb://servername/sharename/. Select this share and click OK. This method of defining shares works on all operating systems, and it's the most resistant to errors like servers going to sleep or network drives not reconnecting.
(2012-05-02, 11:02)jhsrennie Wrote: When you are adding the source click the Browse button, scroll the list down and choose "Add network location". Set the location type to SMB and type in the server name and share name. When you click Ok you'll see the source in the list as smb://servername/sharename/. Select this share and click OK. This method of defining shares works on all operating systems, and it's the most resistant to errors like servers going to sleep or network drives not reconnecting.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraper does not work with upnp device but...0