New HTPC DIY site offering exclusive discounts to the community!
My name is Ron and I am co-founder of a new company called AVCgeeks (audio-video-computer). AVCgeeks focuses on offering low cost, high quality hardware to the HTPC community. AVCgeeks isn't another two man garage operation, but rather, is a fully funded company that has secured distribution for many hardware lines. Being a geek myself, my goal was to make it easier and more affordable for everyone to get these kinds of systems into your homes. We will be offering inexpensive components for the DYI geeks including, htpc and server chassis, motherboards, remote solution, NAS devices, and more. We also plan on having pre-configured solutions that will be ready to use out of the box. These will include things like full HTPC's pre-installed with XBMCbuntu and openelec and pre-configured storage servers pre-configured with sickbeard, sabnzb, headphone, couchpotatoe and more.

Another core belief at AVCgeeks is the importance of giving back to the open source community. We have all greatly benefited from the various open source projects that are the backbone for a lot of the things we use day to day. AVCgeeks is committed to giving back to all of the open source projects that we will be supporting- whether financially, through sharing our knowledge or even implementation expertise with the community. Although only in its early stages we have begun writing helpful “how-to” reviews and general feedback on open source software.

To celebrate our launch and to give back to the community we are offering an exclusive discount. We recently were able to secure several thousand MCE IR remotes at a great price. We’d like to extend this deal to the community, so we are offering a discount to all forum members. The remote will retail for 14.99 but we are giving a coupon code for $7 off bringing the cost down to $7.99. Just enter to code “xbmcmce” at checkout to receive the discount (the remote is currently up for pre-order). Please also check out the other things we have to offer like our AC-6 all aluminum chassis. We will also soon be offering an Internal CIR receiver for intel motherboard and a large selection of sever chassis.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let us know if there is anything that you think we should carry! We look forward to providing quality components at reasonable costs to our fellow AVCgeeks!

http://www.avcgeeks.com/shop/mediaplayers/mce-ir-remote

Like us on Facebook
www.facebook.com/avcgeeks
Unfortunately my question in your other thread got lost, so I try one more time:
Are you shipping to Europe?
If yes, what do you charge?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I like the site and some of the items being offered. It needs some editing though -- there are a lot of typos on the product page.
Cool I like the remote!

Looks modern...

I'll order one.....

You should get more technical with the remote specifics (maybe not needed on your website - but should have more info in these forums).

Is it a true MCE remote? or a clone? what does windows register the key presses as (info button as a right mouse click)?

Basically address this forum post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62966
Well I tried..... with my credit card and not go..... the system is not working correctly.....

I was going to try paypal but it's sandbox? never heard of it......

Can you send me a bill to my Paypal account?

ok bye
(2012-05-02, 18:27)live4ever Wrote: You should get more technical with the remote specifics (maybe not needed on your website - but should have more info in these forums).

Is it a true MCE remote? or a clone? what does windows register the key presses as (info button as a right mouse click)?

Basically address this forum post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62966

that is true..... I just wanted to test it..... Undecided
Whoops! I'll have paypal working shortly!

In regards to the questions it is a fully standard RC-6 MCE remote.

We will be shipping internationally, I'll have shipping rates posted to the site soon.
(2012-05-02, 18:13)Beer40oz Wrote: Cool I like the remote!

Looks modern...

I'll order one.....

Hey Beer...I have the same remote as in the picture. It's very tiny (it's roughly 1/2 the size of MediaGate and HP) ...and it looks very shiny and modern. It have all the functions as the bigger MCE remote....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-02, 19:32)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 18:13)Beer40oz Wrote: Cool I like the remote!

Looks modern...

I'll order one.....

Hey Beer...I have the same remote as in the picture. It's very tiny (it's roughly 1/2 the size of MediaGate and HP) ...and it looks very shiny and modern. It have all the functions as the bigger MCE remote....

Cool.... yes its nice.... it has all the buttons I need (all the buttons as my other remote)..... where did you get yours?

LOL I thought it was free shipping because at check out from AVC it said $0 lol but it did not work

I am in for that Intel CIR when they come instock. Are you a reseller of inteset or are these a cheaper, but just as effective knockoff that I can repin for my asrock?
(2012-05-02, 19:53)ragedogg69 Wrote: I am in for that Intel CIR when they come instock. Are you a reseller of inteset or are these a cheaper, but just as effective knockoff that I can repin for my asrock?

It is our own receiver. They are a cheaper alternative.

[/quote]

Cool.... yes its nice.... it has all the buttons I need (all the buttons as my other remote)..... where did you get yours?

LOL I thought it was free shipping because at check out from AVC it said $0 lol but it did not work

[/quote]

Sorry for the glitches. I'll keep you posted, and let you know when its all working. lol

(2012-05-02, 19:40)Beer40oz Wrote: Cool.... yes its nice.... it has all the buttons I need (all the buttons as my other remote)..... where did you get yours?
It included in "Dell Inspiron 2305 2.4GHz AMD Athlon II X4 610e" package.....I enjoy using it to scroll through NBA playoff, Netflix, 7MCE, XBMC......

It's so tiny that I can easily fit it in the t-shirt front pocket....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-02, 19:58)AVCgeeks Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 19:53)ragedogg69 Wrote: I am in for that Intel CIR when they come instock. Are you a reseller of inteset or are these a cheaper, but just as effective knockoff that I can repin for my asrock?

How soon do you expect to have the CIR available?
What do you guys think about this remote?

It has buttons for the mouse which is really cool. It comes with this case which has an IR receiver built-in that can turn on the PC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iwill-HT80-HTPC-...1049374222

(2012-05-02, 20:31)ragedogg69 Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 19:58)AVCgeeks Wrote:

How soon do you expect to have the CIR available?

A few weeks. They are currently in transit to us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC DIY site offering exclusive discounts to the community! 0