Win Screen Flash When Starting Video
Hey Guys,

So I have an Acer Revo with an nVidia Ion graphics card. DXVA2 hardware acceleration is working but is causing something funky to happen. Basically when the computer is not playing video, the colors seem washed out and dull. As soon as I start to play a video, the screen goes dark, sound cuts out, and then everything comes back and looks fantastic (colors looks awesome). I'm assuming this is when hardware acceleration gets turned on. A solution to either of these problems would be awesome if you've deal with something like this before. I'd love for my system always look great, but in lieu of that, i'd love to get rid of the flash that happens and have it seamlessly transition to video (but still look great and not washed out).

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to add. I'm on the latest available driver from nVidia and on Windows 7.
Is your Revo connected to a TV? Is it possible there is some dynamic contrast setting or something like that which may be causing the problem?

Also have you got the "adjust refresh rate" setting enabled? If so try disabling it to see if that makes any difference. It's just possible you get the flash when the refresh rate changes.
The Revo is connected to a TV (Sony Bravia if it makes a difference). Don't think its the TV as this doesn't happen with any other device, including an Apple TV I was running XBMC on. Here are my settings I have for playback under video:

Render Method: Auto
DXVA2: On
Adjust display: Off
Sync playback: Off
Allowed Error: None
Display 4:3: On
Teletext: On

EDIT: Is it possible its something in the driver or nVidia control panel settings?
I got part of it. There is a setting within the nVdia control panel called "Content type reported to the display". It was set at Auto (recommended). Which is what caused the switching to happen (i.e. no video playing, desktop behavior, video playing, video behavior). I changed mine to always report video and that got rid of the flash. While this fixed the flash problem, i'm now left with another problem (though one I can absolutely deal with). Anything that is not video (XBMC menus, Desktop, Other Apps) have these extremely vivid colors, way too vivid that it makes it look unnatural. Not a huge deal but it is a side-affect of that setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Flash When Starting Video0