Win Can't get IMDB to scrape correct info
Yeah he got annoyed cus I pointed out that he hadn't read my question. soz but it happens all the time (people giving advice when they haven't read the original post fully)
akas has all the same info but displays the original titles and sometimes artwork more prominently. which is why they use akas right? so when you choose preferred original title it can easily find it? my xbmc seams to think i want that despite telling it otherwise.
Can you point me out again which part of your post I haven't read?

I totally agree with you, people are not reading and there is only one thing which is even more annoying than this: if people think others are not reading, but in fact they are the one who doesn't. You clearly can't see the forest for the trees. We gave you answers here and in the previous thread too, but you are not listening and trying to convince us about your truth, while you should assume you are talking to people who knows better than you. You made a point you are in XBMC noob, I am developing/maintaning the Team-XBMC scrapers. Which one of us do you think knows better?

Your confusing posts don't help either, let me give you a few example:
- you confused yourself - tried to convince me too - with the stupidity about release vs. portable version.
- you confused yourself and sho about TMDb vs. IMDb settings
- you said in the previous post you were using Dharma when the problem started. In this thread you said it's a pre-Eden version

Adding your arrogance at the top of this, ehh, you really don't see something is wrong here?

Let me summarize:
- IMDb scraper always scraped from akas.imdb.com, simply because we need to make sure everyone ends up on the same server. www.imdb.com redirects people to different servers based on their location which could result the scraper works from some, but not for the others. This is not new, was almost always like that.
- I don't know how you link the IMDb setting "preferred title language from" with the site to be scraped, I can tell you it scrapes USA/International title from akas.imdb.com if you set this. http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/combined see at 'Additional Details/Also Known As'
- I answered you in my FIRST post, that IMDb scraper is only able to match the search results by their original title, not by it's USA/International title, even if this is set in the settings. You need to select "El laberinto del fauno" from the manual search results in order to scrape the correct movie. However if USA/International title is set in the scraper settings, then "Pan's Labyrinth" will be scraped as title from the page above
- Even is you use the IMDb scraper, artwork gets scraped from TMDb by default, so saying we scrape from akas becuase of more prominent artwork is also a wrong assumption you made up

There are two solutions while setting USA/International title in the scraper settings:
- You select the movie by it's original title in the manual search results
- you use an nfo file alongside the movie file with the IMDb link in it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get IMDB to scrape correct info0