• 2(current)
XBMC 13.0 - codename "G?"
(2012-05-03, 12:40)joethefox Wrote: Image

Huh. I didn't realize they had beer and vikings on the island. Smile
(2012-05-02, 22:37)mad-max Wrote: G is the abbreviation for the code name for version 13...
Beside v12 that will be called Frodo all Releases were named like imagined cities...
For v13 I raise my hand and voice and say, let's call it "Gotham"...
Big Grin
I like Gotham
(2012-05-03, 12:40)joethefox Wrote: Image
hahaha - good one Smile
gabbot & CutSickAss, thanks for the info!

(2012-05-03, 01:13)bobo1on1 Wrote: Since mythical places is a theme in naming an XBMC release, I vote for "Giligan's island".

If that is the case, then what about "G-Spot"? Big Grin

I Second "Gotham "
However, both "Gandalf" and "Gollum" fit since 12.0 is Frodo
(2012-05-03, 03:03)gabbott Wrote: Atlantis
Babylon
Camelot
Dharma
Eden
Frodo
G........
Atlantis, Babylon, Camelot : OK
Dharma : is it the secret base in "Lost" TV Show ?
Eden : OK
Frodo ?? Is it a city ??
Gotham : good name Big Grin
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2012-05-03, 14:02)mikebzh44 Wrote: Frodo ?? Is it a city ??
I think is the guy who started the XBMC project: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Frodo

XBMC 8.10 had the codename Atlantis = The legendary lost city / island of Atlantis?
XBMC 9.04 had the codename Babylon = Ancient famed city Babylon of Mesopotamia?
XBMC 9.11 had the codename Camelot = City, castle, and court associated with the legendary King Arthur?
XBMC 10.0 had the codename Dharma = DHARMA Initiative fringe science research center featured in the television series Lost?
XBMC 11.0 had the codename Eden = The biblical garden of Eden from the Old Testament?
XBMC 12.0 had the codename Frodo = Frodo Baggins character J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings?

Going with this loose theme then G* as a XBMC 13.0 codename could be just about any thing/person/place fictional or unsubstantiated?

Gort = Fictional humanoid robot / android in the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still and its 2008 remake*
* In the original short story "Farewell to the Master", on which the two films are based, the same character was called Gnut
Galaxina = Female android from the low-budget 1980 American comedy / science fiction movie with the same name
Galatea = Robot that has been given feminine attributes and personality from the Bicentennial Man movie from 1999
Gally (a.k.a Alita) = Japanese name of the female cyborg from Battle Angel Alita (Manga 1991–1995, OVA 1993, Manga 2001)
GERTY = GERTY 3000 robot companion voiced by Kevin Spacey in the 2009 British science fiction movie; Moon
GoBot = GoBots robots featured in a Cartoon series Challenge of the GoBots around same time as the Transformers series
Gynoid = Gynoid, a.k.a. Fembot or female Actroid is female robots as the term android which resembles human form
Gibson = Fictional supercomputer/server from the 1995 movie Hackers
Gyes = Gyes the Big-Limbed, one of the Hecatonchires, "Hundred-Handed Ones", a figure in Greek mythology
Gaia = Ancient Greek for mother earth and goddess or personification of Earth in ancient Greek religion
Galvorn = A jet black metal used in the Dark Elf Eöl's armour in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
Global Dynamics = Company in the television series Eureka
Get Smart = American comedy television series created by Mel Brooks that satirizes the secret agent genre
Golem = An animated man of clay in Jewish folklore, mentioned in the Talmud
Gandalf = Gandalf the Grey, wizard character in J. R. R. Tolkien's novels The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
Gollum, Character from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit novels
Goblin = Legendary evil or mischievous creature of mythology; a grotesquely evil or evil-like phantom
Guide to the Galaxy = As a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Geisha = Traditional, female Japanese entertainers whose skills include performing classical Japanese music and dance.
Gath = Country in the TV series Kings; based on the biblical city Gath, one of the five Philistine city-states
Gondor = Country in J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series
Gotham = Gotham City, fictional U.S. city appearing in DC Comics, best known as the home of Batman
Gulfhaven = Gulfhaven, Florida, fictional U.S. city in American television sitcom Cougar Town

I like Gotham or Gath, but a codename based on a fictional robot could be cool if XBMC would get ported to Android before release Smile
Ooh. I like Gaia.
(2012-05-03, 16:07)natethomas Wrote: Ooh. I like Gaia.

Yeah, great one - reminds me of the books by John Varley - here's one of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(John_Varley)

Sci-fi geeks - they're a must-read Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Gaia or Gaea may refer to many things
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia

original origin is from Greek mythology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(mythology)
Quote:Gaia was the great mother of all: the heavenly gods, the Titans and the Giants were born from her union with Uranus (the sky), while the sea-gods were born from her union with Pontus (the sea).
With all the XBMC forks and derivatives out there it could be considered quite a fitting codename.
Quote:Gaia or Gaea may refer to many things
Dharma means lots of things too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma_(disambiguation)

That said +1 for Gaia

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
ofc right behind Frodo stood Gandalf Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Please not Gandalf... I would cry.
Like, really cry...
A lot...
everywhere...
all the time...

(For an hour or two)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
sorry - gandalf is Gay - so are all other lord of the rings figures imho (even frodo is a looser - but i was to late to mention it Wink ). I like gaia - it has something wise.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 - codename "G?"3