xbox360 remote and eventghost-have to push the button twice
i've dug out an old xbox 360 remote and my usbuirt- installed event ghost and started by adding the remote actions to the eventghosts XBMC2 plugin setups. mapped my buttons on the remote to most of the actions i wanted, but i am having to push the button on the remote 2 times to get it to do the action in XBMC. i tried the different settings in the usbuirt plug in eventghost and same.

is there something i am missing? anyone else seen having to push the remote 2 times for the action to go to xbmc from eventghost?

also, is there maybe a newer xbmc plug for use in eventghost that might support MOVIES, SKIP SHORT FORWARD OR BACK?

thanks if you have any input

DAVE
(2012-12-14, 05:37)labtopia Wrote: is there something i am missing? anyone else seen having to push the remote 2 times for the action to go to xbmc from eventghost?
I'm suspecting you are getting two different events when pressing a button, if so you would need to assign both to the macro. I would need to see the EventGhost log to be sure.

Quote:also, is there maybe a newer xbmc plug for use in eventghost that might support MOVIES, SKIP SHORT FORWARD OR BACK?
Both skip forward and back are supported in the XBMC2 plugin, you can use XBMC2\Buttons\Remote\Left and Right, the preferd way if using a remote or XBMC2\Actions\FullScreen Video\StepForward and StepBack.

I'm the author of the XBMC2 EventGhost plugin, unfortunately I don't visit the XBMC forums that often so didn't see your post until now. I primerly support the XBMC2 plugin here in the EventGhost forums.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
thanks, what do i need to send to figure it out? i see in the log on the EG left side, one press shows it received a command from my usbuirt then second press shows it executes the xbmc2 macro assigned to it.
(2013-01-04, 17:47)labtopia Wrote: thanks, what do i need to send to figure it out? i see in the log on the EG left side, one press shows it received a command from my usbuirt then second press shows it executes the xbmc2 macro assigned to it.
Just copy the two events when you press the remote 2 times from the left log window. And post here.

jonib

here are some commands, the first push doesnt trigger the command but the second push does

Code:
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800F7421
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800FF421
   Right
      XBMC2: Right
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800F7421
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800FF420
   Left
      XBMC2: Left
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800F7420
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800FF420
   Left
      XBMC2: Left
USB_UIRT.RC6mode6_0_800F7420

dont know why there are 2 codes for the same button, i'll try adding the other code to the macro now, i didnt notice this being different before.
hey that did the trick! any idea why the same button would have 2 different receive codes? problem solved. great plugin!

thanks!
(2013-01-05, 16:04)labtopia Wrote: dont know why there are 2 codes for the same button, i'll try adding the other code to the macro now, i didnt notice this being different before.
hey that did the trick! any idea why the same button would have 2 different receive codes? problem solved.
It's normal for some remote control protocols to send alternate codes every other button press, they use a toggle(parity) bit.

Quote:great plugin!
Thanks.

jonib

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox360 remote and eventghost-have to push the button twice0