How to prevent XMBC from cleaning library if source is unavailable
Over the last couple of days I've been working on getting XBMC running on my ATV 1, which after some tweaking, it does.

However, I thought I'd test what would happen if I booted my ATV without the NFS NAS source available and it removed my entire library :-( It's not massive, but takes a good 30 minutes to rebuild.

It's my own fault I guess, I had <cleanlibraryonupdate> set to true in my advancedsettings.xml, which I've set to false now.

What I would like to know is how best to set the library up, to find new additions and remove deleted items automatically, but if the source is off (I don't keep my NAS on 24x7) not to remove everything.

If I leave <cleanlibraryonupdate> set to false, but leave update on startup on will that do the new items?

Then I guess I'm left to clean the database from time to time manually?

Suggestions are welcomed please.
Pretty much what you said there yes. The library will update everytime you start xbmc but it will never clean unless you do it manually. Don't know any other way round this I don't think.

Unless you set up the add-on that updates the library at a certain time every day when you know your NAS will be on and then your turn off update on startup and can put the <cleanlibraryonupdate> back on.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to prevent XMBC from cleaning library if source is unavailable0