Stuttering in navigation and playback issue
Occasionally this happens and just wondering what exactly the issue is. I'm using eden with mq3 and leave xbmc on all the time. Its on my windows 7 32 bit machine. Sometimes I will get some stuttering while navigating and watching a movie (sd or hd). Movies are dvd folders and bdmv folders.
So if I reboot the machine, everything is fine. So Im having to reboot windows every so often for this. Display is pioneer plasma 7th generation.

Anything I need to look for or do? Thought at first could be refresh rate issue, but like I said it corrects itself after it is rebooted.
Do you get the same issue using the default skin and no extra addons?
I've seen this problem occur when the computer "wakes up" from sleep mode, restarting XBMC is enough for me. Could also be a memory leak, have you checked how much memory the xbmc.exe process uses when it starts stuttering ?
(2012-05-03, 13:14)alpoy Wrote: ...Could also be a memory leak, have you checked how much memory the xbmc.exe process uses when it starts stuttering ?
That is what I am suspecting and asking about using the default skin. We have confirmed report of a possible memory leak. I believe that was with using Aeon and some of the advanced skin functions, such as the animated backdrops.

(2012-05-03, 16:29)kricker Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 13:14)alpoy Wrote: ...Could also be a memory leak, have you checked how much memory the xbmc.exe process uses when it starts stuttering ?
That is what I am suspecting and asking about using the default skin. We have confirmed report of a possible memory leak. I believe that was with using Aeon and some of the advanced skin functions, such as the animated backdrops.

Thats possible. I have not tried it on confluence. But the stuttering does happen eventually over time, which would be consistent with a memory leak. I will try to check for memory usage.
Ok it happened again. This time I did not have any audio as well. Checked the ram and it said there was 1.3 Gb free. My system has 4 gb (since 32 bit only 3 is used though). So I reboot as usual and it runs smooth as butter. Checked ram after reboot and said 2.1 Gb free.
What add-ons do you have installed?
Default ones plus cinema experience, aeon mq 3, 3 visualizations(directx spectrum, milkdrop, waveform), weather undergound for weather.
Just checked again on system memory and now down to 1.9 Gb free.
Not Artwork downloader?
No, i use metabrowser and save all metadata to movie folder.

I am using the allmusic hack from this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=allmusic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering in navigation and playback issue0