AMD A Series - GPU differences?
I'm about to build a new system but the info on the embedded GPUs is lacking.

Does anyone have any good info on the differences between them specific for HTPC use... post processing, etc (ie. using the features in the AMD drivers)

thx!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-05-03, 01:12)Livin Wrote: I'm about to build a new system but the info on the embedded GPUs is lacking.

Does anyone have any good info on the differences between them specific for HTPC use... post processing, etc (ie. using the features in the AMD drivers)

thx!
What are you trying to achieve?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i dont think so
I want to be able to use the AMD driver's post-processing options. Wit my current HD6450 can handle VERY little post processing on 480/720 material and zero post-processing on 1080i.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-05-03, 02:29)Livin Wrote: I want to be able to use the AMD driver's post-processing options. Wit my current HD6450 can handle VERY little post processing on 480/720 material and zero post-processing on 1080i.
Since HD6550D in the high-end A8 have very similar spec as your HD6450, APU might not be for you either.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Might want to wait for AMD Trinity processors if you want integrated graphics....supposedly they are much more (50%) robust than the Llano processors.

Otherwise pop in a Nvidia GT430 and disable the onboard AMD graphics.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A Series - GPU differences?0