OS X [Mac Mini] Dropping DTS when starting next movie
My mac mini (latest model) runs the Stable XMBC Eden. It's configured to use Digital Output (optical).
It is working, but when i switch to another movie while playing, the audio drops.

According to the log it seems it comes down to these 2 errors:
19:44:26 T:2966704128 ERROR: CCoreAudioDevice::SetHogStatus: Unable to set 'hog' status. Error = 0x00000000 ( )
19:44:26 T:2966704128 ERROR: CCoreAudioDevice::SetMixingSupport: Unable to set MixingSupport to 'Off'. Error = 0x3f6f6877 (who?)

[ complete log at pastebin ]

Any idea how to solve this?
I have the same problem but most of the times from the start. With MKV files after pressing ESC and then restarting the movie sounds works. In the older version I did nog have this problem.
With DVD files its almost hopeless. After being trough the menu sound drops again resulting in a loop of failure initalizing audio.

Although I do have the same problem in plex since newer releases.

Working on mac mini lion newest model.
Seems i have more problems when the mac is configured with default audio to optical. Works better to set it to HDMI and within xbmc to optical.
Or default audio in mac to soundflower and then in XBMC to optical.

Hope there comes a fix for this.

Hi!

I have the exact same problem. Running final release of Eden on my Mac Mini (summer 2011) with Lion. Just as Cl3ar describe, it's a nightmare to watch DVD. Before Eden this was never a problem. I run XBMC Eden on my Macbook Pro and min iMac they do not have this problem, it's only on my Mac Mini. And that is the one we use the most :-(

My setup is the same as Cl3ar. I am using the optical output, but everytime i change movie/tv-show it switch back to HDMI.

Praying for a solution - i Can't Live Without My beloved XBMC!

Hi everyone,

I have this same problem, running the same machine and same setup (Optical output on a Mac Mini 2011 with Lion). I find that when I play a TV Show, film or Music, but stop it before it's had a chance to run through to the end, it drops the audio and says "Unable to initialize audio". I have to restart XBMC everytime this occurs, and I'm on my umpteenth restart!

I hope a fix for this is released soon :-(

Great software guys! Keep up the hard work.
I still have the problem, but I wanted to add some info. A few days back I needed to watch a DVD so I tried walking trough the menu and even trying to be clever. Normally like I said I can watch a full MKV HD movie with starting XBMC press movie. Type ESC. Start again with resume. It gives a noise. Then press ESC and resume again to have DTS or Dolby. I can then wach with the menu from DVD somewhere after using setup it also switches. But even in doing some math for how many switches it would need to give me audio no luck ending in failing to initialize...
So I stopped XBMC and used the default DVD player from the mac mini. It works flawless with menu and optical out. So for now I must concluded that some how the same bug thats in plex also slipped in XBMC and its nog a lion specific bug. But an error somewhere in the core of the new XBMC release. Is there any news on when this might be resolved? I like XBMC and I am trying hopeless to avoid going to other programs. But it looks pretty dull to have to press ESC so often and resume to finaly watch the movie with family and friends. Even worse if we deside to switch the movie I need to shut down XBMC restart it and do the ESC resume again. In general very super media center. But this bug is a real pain Smile
@cl3ar, where is you xbmc.log ? There's a sitcky on how to post with issues, read it please.
@davilla,

Ok thanks will read it and provide it. New in this so will get back on it. Smile
@davilla This is my xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/exrJcyW5

Here is one with debugging on. Maybe thats better? http://pastebin.com/cKghxV1s

My system is a mac-mini i7 2700mhz 4GB memory.
Hope this helps?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Cl3ar
looks like you have the audio settings borked,

00:11:54 T:2958184448 WARNING: CoreAudioRenderer::Initialize: Unable to locate configured device, falling-back to the system default.
00:11:54 T:2958184448 ERROR: CCoreAudioHardware::GetDefaultOutputDevice: Unable to identify default output device. Error = 0x00000000 ( ).
00:11:54 T:2958184448 ERROR: Creating a Null Audio Renderer, Check your audio settings as this should not happen

What is your Audio output device in the audio settings ?
It was now set to soundflower 16ch

I now have put it back on digital output - optical in the mac system preference.

If you mean in XBMC it was always audio output: optical/coaxial and audio output device: default output device.

New xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/vvnTdKJ2

Movie starts playing. After stopping going to other movie sound drops again.

Regards,
Cl3ar
set it to build-in, not default

also what is going on with all the JSONRPC Server access, are you doing this from web server or a vnc ?
I think when you talked about JSONRPC server access you fixed my problem. I always have been using my macbook pro or ipads to remote control my mac mini.... Either with indeed vnc or remote desktop for mac. Because you pointed that out I walked to my remote keyboard and mouse and its now working like a charm. So that solves for now my problems. Although maybe in a next release it would be nice to be able to use my laptop or keyboard. But for the movie experiance you don't here me complain Wink THNX alot. Smile

Regards,
Cl3ar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] Dropping DTS when starting next movie0