apple remote hosing xbmc since recent itunes upgrade?
I had XBMC eden working almost perfect on my mac mini server then just the other day when I ran the apple update the apple remote is now controlling both itunes and xbmc at the same time, ugh.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've tried not recognizing the remote in itunes but there is no remote listed there to forget. I've changed the prefs in the system menu of xbmc to use "standard" apple remote but that didn't do the trick.

So now I have an apple remote the opens iTunes when I hit play and turns the system volume up and down when I'm traversing the xbmc menus up and down, help?

thanks in advance.
I'm sure you've probably done this but have you tried rebooting the mac?

From time to time this happens to me and a reboot fixes it. I've hunted around for a Utilitiy in OSX that list the processes currently holding onto the IR port- so I can kill the process without rebooting. But nothing, (although now that I think about it 'lsof' might do it).

Anyway … so I reboot and that fixes it.
(2012-05-16, 21:13)ecafracs Wrote: I'm sure you've probably done this but have you tried rebooting the mac?

From time to time this happens to me and a reboot fixes it. I've hunted around for a Utilitiy in OSX that list the processes currently holding onto the IR port- so I can kill the process without rebooting. But nothing, (although now that I think about it 'lsof' might do it).

Anyway … so I reboot and that fixes it.

How embarrassing like an episode of the I.T. Crowd, rebooting fixed it, thanks ecafracs.
(2012-05-16, 20:47)nerdstalker Wrote: I had XBMC eden working almost perfect on my mac mini server then just the other day when I ran the apple update the apple remote is now controlling both itunes and xbmc at the same time, ugh.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've tried not recognizing the remote in itunes but there is no remote listed there to forget. I've changed the prefs in the system menu of xbmc to use "standard" apple remote but that didn't do the trick.

So now I have an apple remote the opens iTunes when I hit play and turns the system volume up and down when I'm traversing the xbmc menus up and down, help?

thanks in advance.

This will solve the issue for you: http://www.thebitguru.com/projects/iTunesPatch
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple remote hosing xbmc since recent itunes upgrade?0