Linux TV Shows - order by Recently Added
Hi all,

New to XBMC (came from Boxee) so pardon the very stupid question, buuuuuut...

I noticed in the Movie section, when you bring up the left bar thing, there's an option to order by Recently Added. Perfect, that's exactly what I want!

However, that same option isn't available in the TV Show section. This makes me sad as this is where I REALLY need it (I get new shows daily, and just want to jump straight in the TV section and see the latest shows at the top of the list).

I know you can mess about with Favourites, and Smart Playlists and all that jazz, but I'm not sure why the option would be present for Movies but not for TV (maybe I'm just missing something). Plus, I'd prefer the option directly in the TV section as then you benefit from all the pretty stuff of the skin.

Hoping someone can't point out a simple option that I'm totally missing!

Thanks a lot
There is a special Recently added library node for Episodes, is that not sufficient?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2012-05-03, 12:47)sho Wrote: There is a special Recently added library node for Episodes, is that not sufficient?

Well there is, yes, but I suppose I'm also factoring in WAF. That'd involve "so Honey, if you want to watch Movies, just navigate to Video, then Movies! Hey Presto! If you want to watch the latest episodes of your shows navigate to Video then... er.... Libraries... what? No, not TV Shows, Libraries. Just because, OK? Then Recently Added Episodes, then Hey Presto!"

There's also an option for Recently Added Movies in the library section, yet the recently added option still appears in the Movies left panel. I guess I'm just finding it a bit inconsistant and I don't really understand why. Plus its an option I'd really love to have (and used every day on the Boxee) so its frustrating me a bit.

I'm surprised it hasn't come up before (I'm sure it has actually, I just haven't come across the thread yet). Seems to me it would have been a lot more work to add that whole section in the Libraries menu, instead of simply adding the option into theleft panel view. I mean its already implemented in the Movies section, so its like someone added that, then got distracted and forgot to add it to TV Shows as well Smile
You are in luck, this was just introduced:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130437

But I do not know why recently added is not a sorting option for TV Shows / episodes.
If you want to see it added, I suggest you open a ticket on trac.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2012-05-03, 13:02)sho Wrote: You are in luck, this was just introduced:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130437

Right OK, cool. Pretty new to XBMC (can you tell!) but I don't really understand any of that just yet, got some reading to do I guess. But essentially you're saying that this'll allow me to have a Recently Added filter in the left panel in the TV Show main section...?

No, it will allow you to have the Recently Added node wherever you want in the library hierarchy.

For the functionality that you are looking for, I suggest you open a feature request on trac.xbmc.org
(2012-05-03, 13:22)sho Wrote: No, it will allow you to have the Recently Added node wherever you want in the library hierarchy.

Right OK, I'll log a feature request.

Thanks Wink
You might also want to check out some of the skins that include the "watchlist" feature: Comparison of skin features (wiki)
(2012-05-04, 00:00)Ned Scott Wrote: You might also want to check out some of the skins that include the "watchlist" feature: Comparison of skin features (wiki)

I definitely will, thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows - order by Recently Added0