Update current folder with viewed information.
Go to Kodi (a) and watch a couple episodes of something.  Then go to Kodi (b) which is already in the series folder and have it reflect what was watched and what was in progress without having to back out of the folder and back into it.  Essentially a timer that checks the status of the media in the folder where it is currently navigated to.

Thanks!
valid point, but since a MySQL multi-seat setup is currently more seen like a hack (there is a reason it's only available via advancedsettings), I doubt a change in this regard will be going in anytime soon. Also, a timer will not really give a satisfying experience, because regardless of which interval you might use, it still could be too long in certain occasions. A likely better approach would be that instances notify each other about changes (like the UPNP update notifications you can turn on). So ideally all Kodi instances would communicate to each other in some sort of mesh and notify about changes (like watched status update, progress updates, library updates/changes, ...). It might actually be possible to achieve this with an add-on.
Yea I like the notification solution.  Makes great sense.  I hope this is dealt with.  Very annoying otherwise.
It would be great though for MySQL to be baked in as a fully supported feature, rather than treated as a hack, however the only issues I found running it was when when I used a too-new version of MySQL and the performance was terrible for some reason.  Simple downgrade sorted it all out.

I think its still a good option for multi-Kodi setups.  These days though I've just switched everything over to PlexKodiConnect which seems to work perfectly of having a single library that updates over 2 Kodi instances and Plex, but I know it still a 'hack' in the background.
MySQL is considered a hack when using it for a multi-seat setup, since nothing in Kodi is suited for a proper multi-seat (or client-server) setup. It requires bigger changes to get there, but we first have to untangle our codebase and do more cleanup before core components will be rewritten

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update current folder with viewed information.0