• 2(current)
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot?
(2014-07-25, 08:38)Martijn Wrote: i still doubt any single (thumb) screenshot can spoil the entire episode while the frame is only 1/25 of a second.

An entire show can be spoiled in one screenshot, let alone episode. People who haven't met shown kissing, a bad guy shown with a gun pointed to his head, etc etc etc. This has happened to me many times already.

If you need an actual example, this happened to me today. The guy getting killed was supposed to be a surprise, and I found out about it 3 episodes before it happened.

P.S. Yes, I know most people have already seen the damn Sopranos, but this is just an example.
(2014-07-25, 08:38)Martijn Wrote: In these cases go complain to guys uploading them.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, we could complain to thousands of people uploading screenshots to a decentralized network or add a software setting to nip the problem in the bud.
I agree, let's do it
maybe you can stick a post-it paper on your tv screen on the place where it normally shows the thumb. This would hide it as well Rofl

so you refuse to solve the problem at the source....
If some one find it necessary to also hide the thumb let him code it and send a pull request so it could get include.
change current settings to "hide spoilers" (or whatever) and include the thumb
To be fair, TVDB doesn't allow other users to upload different versions of the episode thumb. This has given me crazy for a while. It's the only artwork on TVDB that is first-come-first-serve, and whoever sets it is the only person who can change it. What gets me is that people will often choose really bad images that are not descriptive of the episode, but instead just show some hot girl character in a generic pose.

If TVDB allowed voting on thumbnails like they do for posters, banners, and fanart, then it would fix a couple of problems. I'm not holding my breath though, as far as TVDB goes.
(2014-07-25, 11:47)Martijn Wrote: If some one find it necessary to also hide the thumb let him code it

So basically you're suggesting that the only people who should be suggesting features on this forum are developers?
(2014-07-25, 19:31)Knocks Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 11:47)Martijn Wrote: If some one find it necessary to also hide the thumb let him code it

So basically you're suggesting that the only people who should be suggesting features on this forum are developers?

that would be silly, but I only see few people complaining about spoilers in thumbs ... that's why there is no interest in "fixing" it.
Well, if official XBMC team members keep shooting ideas down and acting hostile toward people who suggest new things, then of course, people will be less likely to support such things.
It's not about hostility, it's open source project and no one gets paid for it. If team members don't think it's a good idea it's up to a person wanting it to implement it.

I can almost guarantee that if you( or anyone else) provided code for it , it would be added. It's not about not wanting it in, it's about having need and motivation to do it.
(2014-07-25, 21:20)Knocks Wrote: Well, if official XBMC team members keep shooting ideas down and acting hostile toward people who suggest new things, then of course, people will be less likely to support such things.

I know it can look that way, but it's really just various people voicing their opinions on the matter. It's more scrutiny than hostility. I myself have often started out skeptical about an idea, but I said what I honestly thought, people clarified, and ideas were tossed around, and I then saw the logic behind it.

Plus, different people on Team XBMC have different ideas and preferences, so some might never see the point, while others do. I think there's a point to the idea because I've seen people post very spoilers fix images before. We also already do this for the episode description, so this seems like a logical expansion. So even now, different Team XBMC members have different viewpoints :)
And rightly so, start coding and it will be added Smile
(2014-07-25, 14:40)Ned Scott Wrote: To be fair, TVDB doesn't allow other users to upload different versions of the episode thumb. This has given me crazy for a while. It's the only artwork on TVDB that is first-come-first-serve, and whoever sets it is the only person who can change it. What gets me is that people will often choose really bad images that are not descriptive of the episode, but instead just show some hot girl character in a generic pose.

If TVDB allowed voting on thumbnails like they do for posters, banners, and fanart, then it would fix a couple of problems. I'm not holding my breath though, as far as TVDB goes.
If you asked the mods in thetvdb forum they'll probably allow you to change it.
there's also TV Shows on TMDb now Wink
(2014-07-26, 15:09)crash123 Wrote: ]If you asked the mods in thetvdb forum they'll probably allow you to change it.

So you want to bother their moderators for each of the millions of screenshots that might contain spoilers instead of giving XBMC users the option not to show screenshots?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? 3