• 4(current)
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot?
So since the consensus seems to be that this is a useful setting and should be implemented in one way or another, which way should it be done? Integrate into settings or just the skin, like Kib suggested above?
It is a skinning thing. It can be implemented in any skin using the current engine.

In other words, you are looking for a skinner to implement it, or can take some time to do it yourself.

Because it is not in core, you could even do it for XBMC 12. No compiling needed.
@ronie could we have this in confluence please? Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So does that mean the "Hide the plot" setting also a skinning feature?
(2014-09-28, 22:20)Knocks Wrote: So does that mean the "Hide the plot" setting also a skinning feature?

No.
So why should this be part of the skinning instead of the actual app? The two functions are so intertwined, they are basically the same feature.
(2014-07-28, 11:07)nickr Wrote: Ummm yes I support this request, even if it is only for future Sopranos newbies Smile
which got spoiled thanks to the screenshots. Thanks for that (haven't seen them yet and planned to)
easy solution, update the show screenshots on tvdb - problem solved.
(2014-09-28, 22:41)da-anda Wrote: which got spoiled thanks to the screenshots. Thanks for that (haven't seen them yet and planned to)

They were from early season 1 and 2 (out of 6) if that makes you feel better Smile
I'm actually looking at the code right now on how this feature is implemented - looks like the core is doing some filtering while this IMO could all be handled in skin
While I know it can be implemented on the skin side this then means you'll end up with 'Show plot for unwatched items' in Video > Library and ' Show thumbs for unwatched items' in Appearance > Settings > Skin.

EDIT: Ideally it would be in core with 4 states -
  • Hide plot and thumbs for unwatched items
  • Hide plot for unwatched items
  • Hide thumbs for unwatched items
  • Show plot and thumbs for unwatched items

EDIT 2

The whole issue can be avoided by switching to a skin that uses Skin Widgets add to show them on the home screen with the show poster instead of the episode thumb. Wink
(2014-09-28, 22:57)da-anda Wrote: I'm actually looking at the code right now on how this feature is implemented - looks like the core is doing some filtering while this IMO could all be handled in skin

There's fallback artwork that's is general how about showing that when Hide plot for unwatched episodes is selected when a thumb is also not desired?
(2014-09-28, 22:44)uNiversal Wrote: easy solution, update the show screenshots on tvdb - problem solved.

TVDB doesn't allow you to simply update screenshots. This is one of my pet peeves with TVDB. Unlike all other artwork where you can upload additional versions and have users rank the best one, screenshots are only one-per-episode, and only the original uploader can replace the image. Otherwise, you have to contact an admin and plead your case about why the screenshot should be updated.
(2014-09-28, 23:12)Hitcher Wrote: While I know it can be implemented on the skin side this then means you'll end up with 'Show plot for unwatched items' in Video > Library and ' Show thumbs for unwatched items' in Appearance > Settings > Skin.

I'd not make it more complicated than it is. If one doesn't want to be spoiled, turn off everything that could spoile (plot, thumb). So only one setting with either on or off. I really don't see why there whould have to be several states that overcomplicate everything. Actually it's way more easy to just ignore a plot in GUI then a thumbnail that might even spoil in peripheral view.
(2014-09-29, 09:17)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 23:12)Hitcher Wrote: While I know it can be implemented on the skin side this then means you'll end up with 'Show plot for unwatched items' in Video > Library and ' Show thumbs for unwatched items' in Appearance > Settings > Skin.

I'd not make it more complicated than it is. If one doesn't want to be spoiled, turn off everything that could spoile (plot, thumb). So only one setting with either on or off. I really don't see why there whould have to be several states that overcomplicate everything. Actually it's way more easy to just ignore a plot in GUI then a thumbnail that might even spoil in peripheral view.

True, I usually ignore the plot, but the thumbs are hard to miss.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? 3