• 1(current)
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot?
Question 
Love Xbmc but the one thing that mediaportal has over it is the plugin mp-tv series in which you can hide the plot and thumbnail of a tv episode until you have watched it. I have seen a few people request this as an option but nothing seems to have come to it.

The request is that when you choose to hide plots then the Tv thumbnail will also be hidden, maybe it will just display a dark image with 'hidden to avoid spoiler' or maybe just a dark image or whatever. The thinking is that if you have chosen to switch off plots then you can assume that you are trying to avoid what may happen in an episode. But why have an image of characters or situations that may spoil what will happen in that episode? It just makes no sense to me.

So, if you like the idea of hiding tv show thumbnails until they have been watched then please just give a +1 in this thread so the developers can see if there is enough interest to warrant them taking the time to make this request happen.

Cheers chaps.
Why not post this in Feature Suggestions.
Because I'm an idiot. If a mod could move it that would be great otherwise I shall delete and repost it there. Doh.
Thread moved
+1 for this much needed feature. Please add..
+1 would love this feature to be included.
I don't want to create yet another duplicate thread about this, but this needs to be implemented ASAP. Unless developers are not watching plot-based TV shows, I don't see how no one has noticed how badly this needs fixing.

I've had several TV shows ruined for me due to this "feature."
Which "feature"? Thumbnails ruined your tv-shows?
Yes, as in the plot being revealed through screenshots. Spoilers, you know?
I give up
OK, because silent facepalms are always helpful in resolving issues.
Why don't you resolve it then? Once done submit it to github.

It was not a facepalm, just a question to understand what your "issue" is.
@amet: XBMC has a setting to hide plots of unwatched tv episodes so that you don't get tempted to read them and run into some spoilers. @Knocks wants the same option for tv episode thumbnails in case the thumbnail could reveale some spoiler about what's going to happen in the episode.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I get it now, still don't see how thumbnail can spoil it, but hey who am I to question it Smile
i still doubt any single (thumb) screenshot can spoil the entire episode while the frame is only 1/25 of a second. Unless it's thumb of the main character being killed or whatever. In these cases go complain to guys uploading them.

Maybe just jam the hide thumbnail under the hide plot setting and be done with it. This should for starters not become a separate setting
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? 3