Win Remote problem
I've got a ms-tech 1200 rev.d case for my htpc. With a ms-tech remote.

In xmbc i only use the remote and no keyboard. Is there any option to program this remote? I want to use the * on the the remote to acces the context menu (C on keyboard)

I hope someone understand my problem.
You can create custom keymaps for the remote.xml or keyboard.xml files, depending on which one your remote is using. You then put these custom keymaps in your userdata folder as mention in the wiki. There are other threads that discuss this process, you can search and read if you need some more info.
How do i know wich one my remote is using? My custom keymaps is now empty.
Grab showkey.exe here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/...e/download

hit a button, and it will detect the command, and display it as a XBMC-friendly command line taht can be inserted into remote.xml and keyboard.xml.
(2012-05-03, 17:06)g.scholtens Wrote: How do i know wich one my remote is using? My custom keymaps is now empty.
Try remote.xml first. You copy the file from the XBMC install folder system\kemaps to your userdata\keymaps folder. Then edit it as you need.
When i read the file there is a line

<title>Contextmenu<title>

Can i make this one to
<*>Contextmenu<*> and put i into the custom key map?

Sure if XBMC sees your * key as that, then that sounds correct.
Thnx,first i will test the title button.

Is it correct that i must hold the button for a couple of seconds to enter the context menu?
No. Just a normal press, unless your remote is quirky with its button presses.
I've tested it. But it's still not working.

Now i've downloaded and intalled mce remote addon. When i go to configure i see there settings like CTRL+SHIFT=..... etc.

Now i think my remote uses the keyboard.xml file is this correct?
In Windows most remotes work by emulating keyboards i.e. when you press a button on the remote Windows thinks a key on the keyboard has been pressed. That means you need to customise the remote actions by creating/editing a userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml file (don't edit the master copy in C:\Program Files\XBMC).

Unless you love hand editing XML the easiest way to manage key mappings is to grab KeyMapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. To add a mapping for a button choose "Detect keypress" from the "Keymap" menu, press the button the remote and fill in the "Add keypress" dialog with whatever action you want.

NB the MCERemote can only configure eHome remotes and will not do anything unless your remote uses the eHome driver, which it probably doesn't. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to tell if your remote uses the eHome driver.
Thnx, wil try to edit the keyboard.xml file.

It's only one buttons i wanted to use extra.
No solution.

Must i delete the original file for keyboard.xml and only use the one in custom keymaps?
No. If you have a custom keymap in the right location, XBMC will prefer that keymap.
What else could be the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote problem0