Help me decide: A6-PACK or i3-PACK
Well according to the Beta 3 release page....

"Llano A support removed from Fusion builds
To optimise Fusion builds for AMD Fusion HTPCs we removed Llano “A” support from Fusion builds. If you have a Llano “A” system please use the “Generic” image."

http://openelec.tv/component/k2/item/243...3-released
Yes, but that is as of Beta 3, Beta 2, where he is having problems in the post you linked to still had that support in the Fusion build and not in the generic build. He should have been using the Fusion build where all the support was built in. As of Beta 3, yes, the correct build is the Generic Build where they moved the support and drivers to.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-05-05, 10:10)Mick1152 Wrote: Yes, but that is as of Beta 3, Beta 2, where he is having problems in the post you linked to still had that support in the Fusion build and not in the generic build. He should have been using the Fusion build where all the support was built in. As of Beta 3, yes, the correct build is the Generic Build where they moved the support and drivers to.

Fusion will produce a black screen on Beta 2, so generic is the only option. I will test Beta3 when I have a chance, but I don't expect any better results. I have also tried XBMCBuntu with the A6, and as soon as I install xvba, the menus are choppy just like they are on OE.

Basically as it is right now, do not purchase an A6 and expect to have OE working perfectly any time soon. No one on the OE forum seems to be running A processors, and the fact that they only work with the generic build means the developers aren't using it either.

On a different note... the A6-3500 absolutely murders xbmc in Windows Smile. Seeking is insanely quick over the network, and sql with remote thumbnails load so quickly they feel almost like they're local. Only problems that I have are the lack of libshairport (full airplay) in Windows, and a sleep bug which I've been fighting/working around for almost 2 years. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69245)

All in all, very nice system for the $$, but full airplay support has me always going back to linux (shairplay4w works but there are some problems when streaming over wireless).
knewknow, good information thanks! I am using Windows on both my systems but was thinking about OE for another system... didn't really find any information about problems so figured all must be good. Just went by the notes in the releases saying it was supported.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me decide: A6-PACK or i3-PACK0