Installing Eden via Putty
I’ve recently just performed the tethered jail break on my ATV2 (my fault as I had planned to use 4.4.4 but messed it up!)

That has all worked well and I set about reading how to install XBMC onto it. I downloaded putty to SSH onto the box and found that fine. I then worked through all the commands in the sticky here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369

apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb

Not sure if it was me doing something wrong but the mkdir commands didn’t seem to do anything other than start a fresh line for #Root. Although I assume that’s just making a directory to install files in?
What confused me though was that when running the rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb command it didn’t seem to do anything other than starting a new line for #root.

How do I know if xbmc has installed correctly? Do I also need to do anything differently when doing the tethered boot?
When nothing happens - it is the sign for "no error". So everything is fine. You know if you have done it right, when the XBMC icon is visible and XBMC works Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sounds like i've done it all right then! I think because there was no confirmation message or anything i wasn't sure and I was downstairs with my wife in bed in the room with the atv2, so I couldn’t go and test it.

Will give it a whirl tonight Smile
Is my assumption correct that you are on 5.1 now ?
Apologies for not being clear. Yes i am. I clicked Create IPSW in Seasonpass which downloaded the latest version rather than right clicking and selecting 4.4.4.
Do you still have your SHSH blobs for 4.4.4 ? Because then we could get you back on track.
IT-King what exactly do you try to do for the OP? As far as i can see all question where already answered here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Isnt he still stuck on tethered boot ? With SHSH its easily reverted to 4.4.4 which was his original intention i believe.
ahh yeah that might be his intention ...
Unfortunately I didn't back up any previous blobs do couldn't do that.

Have got it all working now though so just having a play with different skins and trying to get Xbmc commander working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Eden via Putty0