• 10(current)
ANTEC ISK 300-65 HTPC A8-3820
(2012-05-22, 00:06)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-21, 23:32)MrKay Wrote: Guy's what do you think will be the best way to stream my movies in 3 different rooms. Should i buy a HP ProLiant MicroServer or should i just buy 2 external hard drives and build 2 more computers. I don't want to get a high bill with running a server 24/7. So do you think i should go with building 2 more computers with 2 external hard drives that way when any one watches a movie in different room all they need to do is switch on the computer then go to xbmc to watch movies rather then having a server on 24/7 or can i use my computer that i built now as a server
If your house is not pre-wire, the external drive is the best for 1080p......

Thanks blu for your reply. Yeah my house in not wired internet. Using wifi at the moment and my router is in another room. So i guess it will be best to build 2 more computers and buy 2 more external hard drives and buy another one for backup
blu is there any way i can make 2 external hard drives 2tb each. See as one hard drive in XBMC. Am asking this because if i fill up my 2tb now and get another 2tb and add movies to that drive will XBMC. See this as one hard drive. So i can have all my movies in the movies folder and dont need to make another movie folder that way i can see all my movies in the movie menu rather going in to another folder to see other movies i have
(2012-05-22, 01:08)MrKay Wrote: So i can have all my movies in the movies folder and dont need to make another movie folder that way i can see all my movies in the movie menu rather going in to another folder to see other movies i have

I had this external enclosure a couple years with 2-2tb drives in it and it worked good. XBMC will let you add as many movie folders as you like, You will need to just add a new source pointing to that folder on that drive. I my case I had a movie folder on each of my 2 drives and I added that into my video- edit source - add new source and added the movie folder from each drive (2 sources total). XBMC will then scan all the sources and add the movies to library, creating 1 large library from your drives,
(2012-05-22, 04:22)Harro Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 01:08)MrKay Wrote: So i can have all my movies in the movies folder and dont need to make another movie folder that way i can see all my movies in the movie menu rather going in to another folder to see other movies i have

I had this external enclosure a couple years with 2-2tb drives in it and it worked good. XBMC will let you add as many movie folders as you like, You will need to just add a new source pointing to that folder on that drive. I my case I had a movie folder on each of my 2 drives and I added that into my video- edit source - add new source and added the movie folder from each drive (2 sources total). XBMC will then scan all the sources and add the movies to library, creating 1 large library from your drives,

i had to figure this out yesterday. i have an external hard drive hooked up to my main workstation pc and i decided to dedicate some of that pcs internal hardrive for my movies i edited my existind source and added it smb so yhat all my htpc's can pick it up. The only problem ive found is that i have my c drive as shared and i cant acees it thru my htpc i had to put it in my public folder and the movie scraper doesnt seem to pick it up so i have to manualy get the info for the movie. I'm just testing this out because i have room in my workstation for 3 hardrives and like to use that. any thoughts
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
I am assuming
Quote:The only problem ive found is that i have my c drive as shared and i cant acees it thru my htpc i had to put it in my public folder and the movie scraper doesnt seem to pick it up
your using Win 7 on your HTPC?
I never really got the hang of all that home group crap. Tongue
But I did have shared folders on my internal drives and XBMC did pick them up and scanned them. Don't know if this made any differance but I left my home group and made a new workgroup which all of my computers are on. I then made sure all my computers could see each other on the network. On a win 7 machine I then shared the movies folder and went into advance sharing and added a user ..example.. user name xbmc. password .1234. This new user I gave full control but you may only want read on yours up to you, so now when I added that new share onto my xbmc machine it saw the folder movie and asked for a username and password which I said to save that info on. It now will scan all the info all the time without asking again. hope I made it clear enough.
Just just got my new motherboard. Looks like i am still having the same trouble. beer could you please try this for me and let me know if you have the same problem or if anyone has a similar build. I have the hdmi hooked up to my hdtv and computer only no AVR just the tv. And when i put the tv on sandby for about a minute or two and switch the tv from standby. The amd hdmi digital output get's disabled then i have to unplug the hdmi from tv and plug it back in and it works again. Will be doing more tests
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK 300-65 HTPC A8-38200