• 3(current)
ANTEC ISK 300-65 HTPC A8-3820
eskro what's the first thing i do when i finish my build. Do i enable AHCI in my BIOS first then go in to bios again then setup boot form usb then install windows 7 then format the ssd in windows 7 before the windows 7 install finishes
Should i follow this video for Parted Magic for secure erase your solid state drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g55-jdHAK4
Some people who have used parted magic for secure erase there solid state drive now can't update there firmware. So am thinking if i should use this method. Plus if i use the parted magic will that delate my firmware that i have allready
1st thing to do once your build is put together,
is to follow my SSD optimization guide.

then, install your O/S

then, install your needed drivers and apps

Smile
No problems with parted magic for me.... MrKay I think you are thinking too much about it....
(2012-05-09, 02:39)Beer40oz Wrote: No problems with parted magic for me.... MrKay I think you are thinking too much about it....

+1
About the parted magic in your SSD optimization guide. Do i use boot from usb with parted magic on it like how i will do windows 7 from usb once i finish the build. or can i use it by putting the ssd in a enclosure and go to my laptop that has all ready windows on it and do it like that
(2012-05-09, 02:39)Beer40oz Wrote: No problems with parted magic for me.... MrKay I think you are thinking too much about it....

Lol. Just trying to be safe
i use usb pen drive to boot parted magic
O right so the first thing i do once i finish my build is boot with parted magic on the new build right.

Do you have the link where i can get parted magic for usb and any link on how to make bootable parted magic usb thanks
well, yeah, i use an app called SARDU to make my USB bootable Pen Drive.
http://www.sarducd.it/downloads.html

it can download parted magic for you and also burn it to your USB pen drive Smile

Thanks a lot eskro. I have learnt quite a lot form you guy's in the past few days
SARDU FTW!! Tongue
Thanks eskro for the screen shot and do i tick the same boxes as the screen shot?
u only need to tick Parted MAgic. Smile

that screenie is not mine Tongue

SARDU is for FTW!
(2012-05-09, 05:44)Beer40oz Wrote: SARDU is for FTW!

+1 Big Grin
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK 300-65 HTPC A8-38200