Difficulties and misunderstandings
Hello,

I stumbled across this the other day when in an attempt to tag my TV files. For what I have managed to work out it is pretty damn amazing but I am still having a bit of difficulty getting it to "work".

I have several disk drives for example my TV is stored on my E:\ drive
under E:\TV
Each show has its own directory in which it contains directories for each season with manually named episodes in the format Episode # - name.extension.
So for example the first episode of The IT Crowd has the path E:\TV\IT Crowd, The\Season 1\Episode 1 - Yesterday's Jam.avi

What I would like to do at the very least is have it read in the show names, season, episode number and name. However, if possible use a scraper to get other information like plots etc that would be fantastic.

My question is how do I go about doing this and does it save the meta information with the files?

Thanks,

p.s. I should mention I tried using the advanced setting xml file but does not seem to have worked. Also tried using TVDB add on to scrape details which seemed to work for shows but not episodes.
Have you read this?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows
HI, thanks for the response. Yes I have read it but like the title suggests I may not have properly understood it.

Thanks,
(2012-05-05, 18:37)No-one Wrote: HI, thanks for the response. Yes I have read it but like the title suggests I may not have properly understood it.

Thanks,

Baicly mean that your tv episode files name do not by default comply with what XBMC scrapers would expect to find.

This can be solved by using reg-ex and place that in advancedsettings.xml (or rename all you files to "S01E01 Yesterday's Jam.avi " for example)

I cannot help you on the reg-ex but probably some others users might
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks,

I think this is one of problems. If I fix this will it a) fix the problem with scraping (i.e. get plot notes for the episodes)
b) save the meta information with the files

Thanks again,
1. Yes
2. No

It will no auto save metafiles next to the media. You can do library export in xbmc that will do that.
Other option is to use Ember Media Manager. This will scrape and create metafiles before you add it to xbmc. It gives more controle if you want that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks, I will look into that.,

Regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Difficulties and misunderstandings 0