XBMC minimizes after launch
A few days ago XBMC v11.0 started minimizing itself after I launch the app. XBMC loads fine, and about 10 seconds after it's loaded it just minimizes itself. What's odd is I have not updated anything, so I don't know why this just started.

Win 7 x32, 4gig ram, AMD 6450 v12.4 drivers.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/xysTTuVg
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
There are many other threads about this. If you are running in true fullscreen mode, any other app that steals focus will cause XBMC to minimize. AMD Catalyst Control Panel has been reported to do it. Turn on debug logging. When it minimizes next time check the log. There should be an entry in the log.
(2012-05-06, 03:55)kricker Wrote: There are many other threads about this. If you are running in true fullscreen mode, any other app that steals focus will cause XBMC to minimize. AMD Catalyst Control Panel has been reported to do it. Turn on debug logging. When it minimizes next time check the log. There should be an entry in the log.
That log I posted was with debug on.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
I also have this issue. Most people will advise to run xbmc in a fullscreen window, add a very long delay of 30 seconds or greater, or disable catalyst control center. What i've found, is that without catalyst control center, my video playback performance suffers. The fullscreen window also makes video playback suffer. My system boots in less than 10 seconds, and i have no desire to wait an additional 30 to 60 seconds. I use the windows console editor to boot directly into xbmc as a shell. This issue is preventing me from finalizng my htpc.
I have also experienced this issue. I have solved it by starting XBMC with a script and putting in a delay of 10 sec before it starts enabling catalyst center to finish loading before XBMC starts up.

Annoying, but as long as I don't have to touch anything to make it work I can live with a 10 sec delay when starting XBMC.

System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
Had the same issue, but resolved it by setting in the policy of windows XBMC as shell in stead of explorer.exe
This not only makes sure that XBMC doesn't start minimized, but also speeds up the process, and disables functions like alt+tab et cetera. Perfect solution for a dedicated machine (with Ctrl+Shift+Esc you can still access the taskmanager and manually start explorer.exe to get full access again to windows)
If you need to start more applications, such as imon or sabnzbd, you can use eventghost as shell and let eventghost start XBMC
I just figured out how to start xbmc with no delay, along with CCC and not have it steal focus. I use mmc to run xbmc as a custom user interface and I also run a batch startup script to launch clistart.exe, wait 10 seconds, and then taskkill CCC.exe and leave MOM.exe running. This prevents CCC from stealing focus and fixes my playback issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC minimizes after launch0