XBMC on my TV
I've checked dxdiag on my laptop here's what I see:
DirectDraw Acceleration - enabled
Direct3D - enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration - Not available

However when I turn my notebook monitor off and have just the tv on, dxdiag shows me this:
DirectDraw Acceleration - Enabled
Direct3D - not available
AGP Texture Acceleration - Not available

I'm most definitely not an expert with graphics cards..etc but I'm trying to piece together whether the issue is my television or my tv.
I'm leaning heavily that my graphics card is not supported by xbmc but still not too sure.
I'm running xbmc on a HP Compaq 6710b laptop. I thought I could repurpose it for this.

Btw, I've setup a wireless usb to hdmi connection from my laptop to my tv.

Any ideas? Can someone recommend a htpc I can buy in order for me to run sabnzbd, sickbeard and xbmc please..
Thanks!
Most likely caused by your wireless usb to hdmi dongle - try hooking up your laptop directly to the TV in order to rule out the wireless usb as the culprit.

In regards to recommending a htpc - I just built a rig with AMD A8-3870k that I'm fairly happy with but if I was in the market now I'd either go with AMD Trinity or most likely skip the hassle and get a Zotac Zbox. Eskro has the builds page you can check out as well, good luck.
Thank you. Unfortunately I cannot hook up the laptop to the tv any other but this. No HDMI on the laptop. I'l check out the Zotac Zbox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on my TV0