need help again guys (Please)
i just got stuck with a shuttle xs35 thinking i bought gt version. this thing only has 1 g ram and is running windows 7. i tried to play a video thru windows media player and it just stuttered pretty bad. can this thing be salvaged. i can get 2 g of ram, also can i install
XBMCbuntu on this, will that help it run smoother.

all i want this thing to do is run xbmc playing avi and mp4 mkv files that are no bigger than 2gigs this is going to be in my bedroom.

my files are stored on a usb hard drive connected to my main pc. The shuttle is connected via ethernet to my network

give me some good news guys the video on this thing is inetergrated (Intel GMA 3150)

what can i do Dumb dumb dumb
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
well i just downloaded xbmc for windows and it is playing my videos seems smooth so far will upgrade to 2gigs of ram.

so im thinking that with the 2 gigs and running ubuntu should make this thing run well. what do you guys think?
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
yeah my hd videos are showing a little stutter, I disabled divx accelerator still laggy. I will be adding more ram total 2gigs hope this will help. I will try in ubuntu also when i get the ram i hope this will solve the issue.
So does this model share memory to the graphics? you are using the Intel GMA 3150

Yes you need atleast 2 gigs.... 4 gigs is better....

mmm why not get a seperate Graphics card..... ?

(2012-05-07, 06:26)Beer40oz Wrote: So does this model share memory to the graphics? you are using the Intel GMA 3150

Yes you need atleast 2 gigs.... 4 gigs is better....

mmm why not get a seperate Graphics card..... ?

i think it maxes out on 2 gigs of ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856101094
there is no pci slot for video card i believe. I looked in the bios and didnt see anything about
increasing shared memory amount.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help again guys (Please)0