"Resume from 6:44" feature disappeared when profiles were created
Spent some time today dividing up my library into separate folders as media sources ("Family" & "Restricted").

In the "Family" profile, it no longer stores the time I stop watching video, thus no "Resume from 10:45" dialog shows up when I try to play the movie again, it always goes back to beginning.

This issue does not occur on Master User and "Restricted" profiles.

Is there a setting somewhere that I overlooked? I went through settings one by one and do not see anything resembling what I'm trying to do?
Do they have write access to the database?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-06, 01:53)jmarshall Wrote: Do they have write access to the database?

I went into phyMyAdmin to check and there's data in the database "familyvideo60" (movies info, etc etc), so I have to think the "xbmc" login do have write permissions to that database otherwise there'd be nothing in the database.

The "familyvideo60" db was created today when I created a new advancedsettings.xml file and put it into the "Family" profile folder. The section looks like this:

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.185</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>familyvideo</name>
</videodatabase>

Is there anything specific I can check. Which table/column is the play stop time data stored btw?

So each profile has it's own database? Play info is stored in the bookmarks table.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Resume from 6:44" feature disappeared when profiles were created0