playback failed, one or more items failed to play, check the log file for details
Hi;
I have XBMC running on Ubuntu, and I have using Commander App in my iPad to control the library.
I cannot play any movie, the system show me this message: "playback failed, one or more items failed to play, check the log file for details"
I need help, please.

Thank you in advance
Did you check the log file?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Hi,
I'm having the same issue

Every time I try to play a movie (over smb network) i get this message: "one or more items failed to play check the log file for details".

Here is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/7cSxYCTZ

Notice there is an error: ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Can you guys please help me? If there is any more info to be provided please tell, I'll be happy to do so.
Thnx in advance

P.S. Uninstall/reinstall didn't work, and windows are freshly installed
Do I have to Install codecs separately?
I note there is an error:

Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[F40]: [avi] scale/rate is 0/0 which is invalid. (This file has been generated by broken software.)
Thank you for that.
Now I wonder what do you guys suggest I do? I installed stable build 11.0 but as it was pointed here that might be broken, should I go with nightly builds instead?
Sorry to bother you guys but this has now become very frustrating. I've tried last nightly build but with no luck. I didn't get the "one or more items failed to play check the log file for details" message but videos are not played correctly, there is skipping from 0:00:00 to 0:24:00 then plays for 2secs and more skipping and so on. So I uninstalled nightly build (from 20.5.2012).

I have installed "gom player", just to try if there is any problem with bandwidth or something else, but in "gom player" movies play flawlessly.

Then I tried the stable build again and again the same message "one or more items failed to play check the log file for details".
The interesting part is, that when I play the movie from "file browser" in system tab (inside XBMC) it works OK.

Is there anyone who can give ne some advice what to do or try next ?
(2012-05-22, 09:09)b0b3k Wrote: The interesting part is, that when I play the movie from "file browser" in system tab (inside XBMC) it works OK.

That seems odd. Can you post a debug log showing you playing some suitable test film from the file browser then playing the same film from the library. You need only play the film for a few seconds.
Sorry for late response - one has to work sometimes Wink

But here is my log http://pastebin.com/Yk4yHFm3

Funny thing is that one episode (American Dad! - S01E01 - Pilot.avi -)works (with huge buffering ) but movie does not (Robots.avi)....
I don't have buffering problems with other players (media, gom, vlc ...)

I really need to see a log showing you playing the same file first from the library then from the file browser. It looks as if you played "(2005) Stewie Griffin The Untold Story DVD-Rip/Stewie Griffin The Untold Story.avi" then "American Dad! - S01E01 - Pilot.avi".

Incidentally, Windows XP doesn't support hardware acceleration and without it an Intel® Celeron® M processor 1.60GHz isn't going to be able to play HD video.
Since I dont get any buffering issue while playing movies in other software, there might be some hardware issue.
I am currently at work, but I am quite sure my laptop "Toshiba L20" (which I'd like to use as mediacenter) uses ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200M .
Maybe I should check/test catalyst dirver if it will work better.
XP doesn't support the hardware acceleration required by XBMC so it doesn't matter what video card you have or what drivers you use. Having said that, SD video should play fine.
(2012-05-23, 19:27)jhsrennie Wrote: Having said that, SD video should play fine.

Well in that case there are some issues. SD videos do not play smoothly in XBMC. It's like 2 seconds playback, 20 seconds buffering ... While in other players same movies works ok, fast and no buffering at all ...
Maybe I could try live version? Otherwise I'll be force to abandon my mediacenter dreams ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playback failed, one or more items failed to play, check the log file for details0