Remote control MCE RC6 - Problems with action:AudioNextLanguage
Hi Guys,

I modified the keyboard.xml file, to add the action AudioNextLanguage in the asterisc button in my remote control RC6, now it button works, but every time that I touch the button, advance the film in 10sec, do you know why?

Regards,

Diego

Probably it has nothing to do with XBMC itself, but is a problem of the specific files you are watching. In the media file there is a number of streams, tipically, one video stream, two audio streams (one for each language) and maybe others (subtitle streams, for example). When playing the file, it tipically uses the video stream and one audio and those must play in synchronicity. To do that there is an internal "master clock" for the file that marks the point playing and another "clock" in every playing stream that relates to the "master clock" point. You can use for "master clock" the video stream or the audio stream and the other ones are "slaves". But if you change streams, the "clocks" must be resynchronized. The streams themselves are divided in chunks and there is an index (calculated or read from the media file) and sometimes it is not possible to find for a specific point the corresponding points in all the other streams in which all are in fact synchronized (because the streams are divided in chunks, and a chunk as defined in the index can be of a certain length, and that length can be different for each stream). So, depending on how the streams and their indexes are stored in the media file, how the decoder in XBMC decodes each stream, the size of the internal buffers for audio/video in XBMC, the "clock" you have chosen for synchronicity in XBMC settings, etc, the nearest point of synchronicity when you change streams can be a few seconds after or before the point you were watching. In theory, XBMC could search for the nearest point *before* the point you where watching (not the point the player was decoding, but the point being rendered to screen and audio output) and internally advance without rendering to that exact point in the new combination of streams and so produce an almost seamless change. But that can be very very complex for a feature that not too many people uses and that even those that do use it, do it very few times...
Hi pko66, Thanks for the answer, but before to update the XBMC, it worked well..the problem started only when I updated to version 11...now I tried with version 11 release from June, and the problem continue...
Can anybody help me?
Regards,
Diego

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control MCE RC6 - Problems with action:AudioNextLanguage0