[Solved] Aeon Nox not seeing smart video playlists
I am having the same issue: I cannot assign a smart playlist to a custom menu on Aeon Nox 3.0. As OP suggested, I have assigned a remote button to the smart playlist and that works fine. I have even managed to have a custom menu open a playlist in windows but my HTPC runs Openelec and it doesn't work there. Did this get solved here as I can't see the solution clearly.

Cheers.
At the risk of talking to myself, this is what I've discovered.

scripts.playlists doesn't seem to have been installed with Aeon NOX 3.0.1. I'm running Openelec so can't seem to install it manually. I have tried manually editing the guisettings.xml file to add:

<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path">special://profile/playlists/video/MyPlaylist.xsp</setting>

but this doesn't work - the file just reverts when the skin is reloaded. I've even tried putting the real file system path in instead of the special:// path but same result.

Any other suggestions? I really want to get Aeon Nox working on this system!
And just as I'd run out of ideas, I've cracked it!

So it appears that every time I was editing the guisettings.xml file, Aeon NOX was overwriting it before resetting so no changes were saved. What I did was this:

Kill off XBMC and prevent it restarting by running these commands in an SSH shell:

Code:
touch /var/lock/xbmc.disabled
killall -9 xbmc.bin

Then make the edits to guisettings.xml to add the playlists to the custom menu items. To restart XBMC:

Code:
rm /var/lock/xbmc.disabled

I imagine that any further changes to the main menu will bork these changes so it's far from ideal but it does work.
...forget it, didn´t read till the end.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Aeon Nox not seeing smart video playlists0