• 6(current)
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu
This is listed as "incompatible" on RASPBMC.

Any ideas how I can get wifi on my RPi?

EDIT: Fixed with raspbmc settings.
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
anyone got this working its not working for me on cubox-i
what version you try to install?
(2014-06-01, 14:46)Olepir Wrote: https://github.com/downloads/vikjon0/scr...-0.1.4.zip

this version is more reliable, but you need to edit addon.xml and change python version from 0.2.0 to 0.2.1

Can you please help me...how does one edit addon.xml? Where would I find this file? Do I have to use a program in order to get access to the ATV's files?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!
(2014-07-07, 10:01)airtime23 Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 14:46)Olepir Wrote: https://github.com/downloads/vikjon0/scr...-0.1.4.zip

this version is more reliable, but you need to edit addon.xml and change python version from 0.2.0 to 0.2.1

Can you please help me...how does one edit addon.xml? Where would I find this file? Do I have to use a program in order to get access to the ATV's files?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1760...-0.1.4.zip
try this (with edited addon.xml)
Can you please tell me what the steps are in order to get this file into the proper location after I've downloaded that zip file?

Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks!

Oh, and where exactly is the addon.xml that I need to edit? How do I edit it?

Thanks again.
just install addon from menu (install addon from zip)
Network Manager seems to be working in function but no info (Connection, SSID) shows up, just blank boxes. It shows one box per connection and i am able to disconnect from the network etc, its just the network info not showing? is this an issue encountered before? Using 13.0 on XBMCbuntu
Any ideas? would be great to sort this!
It is probably not working with the skin your are using. Some missing pictures or fonts
Thanks, that seems to be the issue, it works when i switch back to confluence. I tried changing all the font entries in the resources xml files (script_linux_nm-1.main and add), but this has only changed the static bits of text, where are the fonts referenced for the network list? I am using a customized version of re-focus
The problem is that I have copied something else and changed it around.
I don't know what is missing. Mostly images I think, but since I tried to clean that up earlier it is perhaps something else.

I guess the fonts are set in the skin xml? I have no time to look at it myself. You could look at another add-on that is working and compare it.
I think I copied the RS editor from the beginning but I have then tried to upgrade it a few times.
This is solved now, may thanks for the help, the problem was the colours.xml file was defined differently in the skin I was using, I just had to add the values for grey and black and it was all sorted! Thanks alot!
(2014-07-08, 09:05)Olepir Wrote: just install addon from menu (install addon from zip)

I downloaded the .zip file, put it onto a flash drive, plugged it into my Raspberry Pi, and attempted to add it via the add-on menu and it failed to install, saying, "Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on author."

I'm just setting my system up for the first time, so I haven't changed the skin or anything - just using whatever the default skin is with the RaspBMC install from http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

Are there other steps I should attempt? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Resolved.

For anyone having this same problem, follow these steps:

1. Go to the home screen of XBMC
2. Go to "Programs" (between "Music" and "System," by default)
3. Select "Raspbmc Settings"
4. Select "Network Mode"
5. Change from "Wired Network" to the wireless network option
6. Scroll down and select "Scan Networks" to choose your wifi network
7. Input the correct information under "Wifi security" and "WiFi Key"
8. Select "OK"

Mine worked right away after this.
(2014-07-17, 10:27)bout100 Wrote: This is solved now, may thanks for the help, the problem was the colours.xml file was defined differently in the skin I was using, I just had to add the values for grey and black and it was all sorted! Thanks alot!

Ok, good. I am sure they can be defined locally in the add-on to avoid this issue. Dont know how though.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu3