v19 The Movie Database Pyton and TMDb TV Shows scraper userdata settings not updating
Hi All,
I tried several times to update settings for the The Movie Database Pyton and TMDb TV Show scrapers without success, in fact the relative settings.xml files are not updated after modification.

These are the path for scraper settings files
 - The Movie Database Pyton (..\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.themoviedb.org.python)
 - TMDb TV Show (..\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python)

These are the path for scraper settings modification from Kodi
 - The Movie Database Pyton (SETTINGS/ADD-ONS/MY ADD-ONS/INFORMATION PROVIDERS/MOVIE INFORMATION/THE MOVIE DATABASE PHYTON/CONFIGURE)
 - TMDb TV Show (SETTINGS/ADD-ONS/MY ADD-ONS/INFORMATION PROVIDERS/TV INFORMATION/TMDB TV SHOWS/CONFIGURE)

Please note: I used these scrapers because I assume that these are currently the only working scrapers for Kodi 19 - matrix release.

Thanks in advance to anybody can help me to solve this issue.
(2022-01-09, 12:49)Jumpy73 Wrote: These are the path for scraper settings modification from Kodi
 - The Movie Database Pyton (SETTINGS/ADD-ONS/MY ADD-ONS/INFORMATION PROVIDERS/MOVIE INFORMATION/THE MOVIE DATABASE PHYTON/CONFIGURE)
 - TMDb TV Show (SETTINGS/ADD-ONS/MY ADD-ONS/INFORMATION PROVIDERS/TV INFORMATION/TMDB TV SHOWS/CONFIGURE)
If this is where you are updating the settings, then all you are doing is updating the default settings for the scraper. It has no effect on existing sources.

To update settings for existing Sources, you need to change the scraper settings at the Source. See setting 5c in the image.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-09, 20:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-09, 12:49)Jumpy73 Wrote: These are the path for scraper settings modification from Kodi
If this is where you are updating the settings, then all you are doing is updating the default settings for the scraper. It has no effect on existing sources.

To update settings for existing Sources, you need to change the scraper settings at the Source. See setting 5c in the image.

Hi @Karellen 
thanks for the screenshot, i know it very well!
it is precisely by going to configure the sources that I realized that every time I did it for a new source, kodi gave me the default settings and not those saved during the configuration of the previous source.
As I wrote in the first post I don't know why kodi does not update the default settings of the two information providers and in fact the respective settings.xml files are not updated and remain the same as the default ones provided during kodi installation.

What can I do to have the new default configuration stored in the settings.xml file without having to reconfigure everything from scratch every time I add a new source?

Thank you
(2022-01-11, 00:52)Jumpy73 Wrote: What can I do to have the new default configuration stored in the settings.xml
That should happen automatically. Why it is not happening for you, I have no idea.
You could try updating settings.xml file directly, then see if those settings are loaded in Kodi. Make sure you exit Kodi first before editing the file.

Also, where and which settings.xml are you editing? Copy and paste the exact path to the file here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-09, 12:49)Jumpy73 Wrote: These are the path for scraper settings files
 - The Movie Database Pyton (..\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.themoviedb.org.python)
 - TMDb TV Show (..\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python)

as above
(2022-01-11, 03:26)Jumpy73 Wrote: as above
Oops, yes it was in your first post.
That is the correct location. I was concerned you were editing the versions in the Program folder, which are installed as default addons, but subsequent updates are saved in the Userdata folder.
My Signature
Hi @Karellen 
I disinstalled kodi and then started from scratch... now the two scrapers userdata settings update correctly... however I don't understand the reason why it doesn't find some of the movies in my media source directory

Please find below the following screenshots:
 - 5 movies are not imported into the kodi library (link)
 - the movies are correctly named. Each of them is in the respective folder, named as per kodi rule - "movie name (year)" (link)
 - If I try to add the movie to the kodi library by CONTEXT MENU/SCAN TO LIBRARY, no information is found (link)

I hope you can help me
Thanks in advance
(2022-01-17, 23:50)Jumpy73 Wrote: the movies are correctly named. Each of them is in the respective folder, named as per kodi rule - "movie name (year)" (link)
I can't tell. I cannot see your folder names.

I need a Debug Log that captures the scraping of those movies. Thanks.
My Signature
(2022-01-18, 00:17)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-17, 23:50)Jumpy73 Wrote: the movies are correctly named. Each of them is in the respective folder, named as per kodi rule - "movie name (year)" (link)
I can't tell. I cannot see your folder names.

I need a Debug Log that captures the scraping of those movies. Thanks.
I watched into the log file and I found some strange movie titles used by the scraper. After investigation I discovered that I have some rubbish in movies' video tags so, after disabling the SETTINGS/MEDIA/VIDEO/USE VIDEO TAGS menu item, the scraper is succesfull in your task for all video files in my movie library.

Thanks for putting me on the right direction
(2022-01-19, 01:09)Jumpy73 Wrote: I watched into the log file and I found some strange movie titles used by the scraper. After investigation I discovered that I have some rubbish in movies' video tags so, after disabling the SETTINGS/MEDIA/VIDEO/USE VIDEO TAGS menu item, the scraper is succesfull in your task for all video files in my movie library.
Great that you figured it out!!
It is the first thing I look for in logs as it is a common problem when users enable that setting.
The tags are usually full of junk so the scrapers cannot find anything.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Movie Database Pyton and TMDb TV Shows scraper userdata settings not updating0