Linux XBMCbuntu Eden no homescreen
Hi all

I've just downloaded XBMCbuntu and installed it on my computer (core i5 w/ 4GB Ram, with an onboard and external video card, both supporting HDMI).

Now the installation appears to go fine, everything works, but when I try to start the system, it display's the XBMC splash screen, then just displays the linux loading text. It keeps stopping and never actually displays the XBMC homescreen. Also, I tried running it off of the CD and I run into the same issue, it will never display the homescreen (actually just goes to a black screen and that's it).

Now I am getting errors about LIRC kernel modules not working. I do have a windows media center remote I would like to get working, but that is far down on my list of concerns at the moment. I have a wireless mini keyboard/mouse unit that does work flawlessly that I have been using to setup the system, so continuing to use that suits me for the moment. I have tried to get LIRC working but I don't know what I am doing Smile In the end, in the file /etc/lirc/hardware.conf I changed the flag
Code:
START_LIRC="true"
to false. Now I no longer get those error messages, but it still won't load the homescreen.

I am still getting errors about rpcbind.xdr and portmap.xdr, but I don't know if this is causing my issues or not.

If there are any logs I can provide, just let me know. I use Linux on a daily basis so navigating and running commands is nothing new; I just need to know what commands or files I can check.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to get XBMC live working numerous times and always just revert back to installing it on an alternate OS. I hate having to do this as this PC is dedicated to my movies and is always connected to my TV.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Have a look in (I think) /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp and see if there's an xbmc.log there. If I've got the directory wrong try a search for xbmc.log.
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the log when I get home. If I can't find anything, I'll be sure to post Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Eden no homescreen0