Mouse pointer on dual monitors
Hello, I hope this isn't something obvious. I've been searching but not had any luck.

I've just started using xbmc v11 on my Mac Pro (OS X 10.7.3) and I'm really liking it so far. It looks like a great replacement for VLC and Apple DVD Player, neither of which have been quite right for me since I started using Lion.

However, there's one problem and I haven't been able to find a way around it. I use two monitors, and usually play my video on one in full screen while I work in the second. In the skins I have tried with xbmc (I am using the default Confluence at the moment and like it best), the software uses its own mouse pointer graphic. This is fine with one monitor but when I am using two and switching between them I frequently end up losing the mouse cursor entirely (it goes invisible on the second monitor until I click on something, which is disconcerting, and then when I switch back sometimes it's invisible in xbmc too). I'd like to use the default OS X mouse pointer in xbmc if possible to get around this. It looks like, from reading other posts, this has its own disadvantages, but I think it will be easier for me.

I cannot find a setting anywhere to disable the mouse pointer (and only the mouse pointer) custom graphics. Is there one, which I have missed, or is there a setting I can edit somewhere in the skin files to change this manually? With the disappearing pointer solved I'll be able to switch to xbmc full time and really get to grips with it.

Thank you so much for reading.
afaik this is not possible because xbmc renders its own mouse pointer. Maybe davilla could say more about it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The sometimes loss of osx's mouse pointer when moving out of xbmc is a known issue. I just click around until it comes back Smile

osx's mouse pointer is much too small to be seen in xbmc, it gets lost in the background. that's why we use xbmc's normal big mouse pointer.
Thanks. Hmm, I don't mind small as much as I mind invisible (especially as I prefer to use keyboard to control my discs in the player itself) but if it's a known issue hopefully it will be zapped some day!

Thank you both for the swift replies.
I'm still waiting a fix for it, because it's really disturbing.

This problem I have never seen in Windows.
My "fix" for the mouse pointer issue on my Mac mini (running 10.8.3) is to simply pull the "invisible" pointer down to the dock. I have my dock at the bottom, with full magnification. Not sure what aspect of that does the trick, but no clicking is needed for me to see my pointer again. Of course, I often completely avoid the invisible mouse pointer by simply not using XBMC to watch movie files. Mostly, I just use XBMC to have easier access to Icefilms content.
Thanks MageX, better than nothing Smile

I hope this problem can fix asap.
(2013-04-15, 22:29)YaPaY Wrote: I'm still waiting a fix for it, because it's really disturbing.

This problem I have never seen in Windows.

Hi there folks- Just to say that I have exactly this problem in windows 7 on a PC. I even tried mirroring the displays to see if that would fix it. For me I N
EVER get the mouse pointer back. As soon as XBMC starts my windows mouse pointer is lost. All I can

is press the CTRL key to have the mouse position shown to me - even that is not a standard windows feature.

If anyone knows of some sort of fix/kludge/workaround my sanity would be very happy to get directions from you as it is currently rather lost.

Thanks, in anticipation...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Twosheds1000 (Andy)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse pointer on dual monitors1