Virtual Desktop for W7 Home Premium & XBMC
Hi All,

May you recommend me a solution allowing me to run a virtual desktop server under Win 7 Home Premium?
I mean I connect from my laptop/pc to my HTPC and create a NEW session (no taking control on desktop where XBMC is running)
Something like MS terminal server or nx server for Linux.

In case of Linux I use mentioned nx server, but currently my box it is AMD A6 and I use windows and here so far I found WinConnect Server but it is quite expensive...

Any hints....Huh?

thx

p.s. see my linux post
There is a hack to make Windows 7 support RDP sessions. As I recall it involves copying the required libraries from a Server 2008 installation. Apart from this I don't know of any way to achieve what you want.
mmm... I heard something about such tricks but I would prefer to use something more legal...
So...what you want is basically multiple concurrent Users on one System?
Here you go:
http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/...windows-7/

There is no (and there cannot be any) other solution; also: it is legal
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-05-08, 10:56)HenryFord Wrote: also: it is legal

It's not even remotely legal. It requires a copy of termsrv.dll pirated from 2008 Server.
(2012-05-08, 11:48)jhsrennie Wrote: It's not even remotely legal. It requires a copy of termsrv.dll pirated from 2008 Server.
Nah - if you have a server license or MSDN-Account, it should be legal.
But in any other terms: You're probably right.

Edit: Also... you're probably breaking the EULA.
But as said: There is no other solution...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Even if you own a copy of Server 2008 it's still illegal as you're effectively using more than one copy of the 2008 code when you've only paid for one.
(2012-05-08, 11:50)jhsrennie Wrote: Even if you own a copy of Server 2008 it's still illegal as you're effectively using more than one copy of the 2008 code when you've only paid for one.
Okay - well... no sense in arguing here, but that depends a little bit on where you live. Because you break the license agreements, not the law.

To make a long story short: It probably isn't legal, so decide wether you want to use this patch (illegally) or you have to switch to a true multi-user OS (like Linux Wink ) - there is no other solution,

anyway... I went for this and it works like charm Wink (let say I use it just for testing)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Virtual Desktop for W7 Home Premium & XBMC0