Win new to xbmc and need a little help please
Big Grin 
Hi all im new to this forum but id appreciate any help and input.
I recently bought a lenovo q-180, ive got windows 7 and XBMC running well now after several hours of changes,updates and messing about with drivers. Im sure theres several settings i can improve things with given your help but for now my biggest question is this...

When i play bluray disks or SD files (my files are mkv or avi's mostly) i get 100% screen fill but when i play 720 or 1080 files i get black bars top and bottom. Is this purely a downside to these types of files or is there something i need to change? I dont know if it effects it but all my media is on a nas drive but everything is on gigabit ports and cat6 cable so cant see any issues there except it not being on the same drive as XBMC? Can anyone clear this up for me
Do you want "100% screen fill" - use 'view' mode from the video OSD - call up using the OK button while playing a video, then navigate to the 'video OSD'

Bear in mind that many of these films etc are meant to be viewed (dependent on the aspect ratio of the film) with black bars present.
Settings -> Video settings -> Playback -> Allowed error in aspect ratio to minimize black bars.

And/or during video, press 'm'. Video settings -> Crop black bars. (And possibly set to use on all video)

Or during play press 'z' to change the viewmode.

Figure out what option you prefer and voilà!
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new to xbmc and need a little help please0