• 5(current)
Completed my A6-Pack Build and an unRaid server (with pictures)
Loading this up with pix and music,....checking out the XBMC add-ons.
Makes sitting and watching TV fun again.
Finally!!!! I got my family off the system long enough to grab a screen shot of the temps.

From everything I've read,...it's safe to ignore the "AUXTIN" reading as a false reading.
The only things that I care about are the "AMD K12" temps,..(they're all fine,..and I know Beer is going to tell me to lower my fan from 5 down to 1), the "AMD Radeon HD 6530D" temp, and the Hard Drive's temp.

Even with the CPU Fan at 5, it is silent,..but perhaps I will knock it back as Beer recommends.
Time to get the family off the system again.
Nice! just try curious to see in your case with Target speed at 1 what speeds you get on the RPM from 1674

thanx
(2012-05-31, 14:23)Beer40oz Wrote: Nice! just try curious to see in your case with Target speed at 1 what speeds you get on the RPM from 1674

thanx

I knew you'd say that Big Grin ,..and I'll give it a shot and report back.

While I haven't had time to get the screen shot of the cpu fan speed set to 1,...I've been thinking.....

If I had to add something else (internal or external) to this A6 build,...what would it beHuh??
Give me either practical ideas or over the top ideas. Be they cheap or wildly expensive.

Any ideas out thereHuh? Come on, make me drool,...or laugh out loud.
(2012-06-08, 14:27)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: While I haven't had time to get the screen shot of the cpu fan speed set to 1,...I've been thinking.....

If I had to add something else (internal or external) to this A6 build,...what would it beHuh??
Give me either practical ideas or over the top ideas. Be they cheap or wildly expensive.

Any ideas out thereHuh? Come on, make me drool,...or laugh out loud.
Here are some ideas.....

Creative Labs Live! Cam Chat HD- if you like live chat with friends......

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q- if you like live HD OTA.......

Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2-Channel THX- if you want to enjoy all the latest sound.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks bluray for suggesting the Webcam. I have a pretty decent one and it hooks up to my Ubuntu workstation.
It runs horribly on Linux.
I'm going to hook the webcam up on my HTPC tonight!

And, I didn't know that they made a Tuner device that plugs in via USB. Cool.

Anyone else?
I've been pondering something the past few days.
Currently I have a 64GB SSD for the OS, and 1TB SATA as a secondary drive for "whatever".

Alls good in the universe,....but,...
I've been wondering if I should replace the 1TB with a 3TB,..or make the 3T an addition.

Reasoning: I'd like to load the 1TB (and/or) 3TB with the most watched movies,..and keep the other movies on the unRaid.
Why? Well for a couple of reasons,..but I wanted to open a new post to discuss.

Smile 
Nice build. It inspired me and I just built one my own. I had a REVO 1600 which was working good by the way. But this baby is way faster. However I have a problem. I have a 65” LG Cinema TV and the desktop will not fit the screen (it is smaller with a black border all around). The resolution on the pc is 1920X 1080 but it does not get to the edges of the tv screen like the revo used to.
I installed the latest ASRock Bios updates and the catylast driver.
North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter : Onboard
Share Memory: 512
Onboard HDMI HD Audio: Enabled
Any suggestionsHuhHuhHuh?
My wife is already after Beer, Eskro and you. LoL.
it is a typical amd problem. very easy to fix, but surely annoying at first.

catalyst sets the overscan to 5% by default for all resolutions. You have to go into its
settings and set it to 0 for all resolutions you use
@xbmckinect

Am I glad you asked that question! I haven't had time to get on my system, but my family has been since I built it.
They had complained about the same problem and I never had time to figure it out, or even to ask for help.

Thankfully, it appears that aptalca has come to our rescue!

I'll be making this change tonight and report back tomorrow.
Thank you aptalca. Problem solved.

I went into the AMD VISION control center, on the left "Scaling options" and moved the slider all the way to 0%.
(2012-05-31, 15:35)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 14:23)Beer40oz Wrote: Nice! just try curious to see in your case with Target speed at 1 what speeds you get on the RPM from 1674

thanx

Still waiting!!!! Sleepy
(2012-06-14, 01:59)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 15:35)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:

thanx

Still waiting!!!! Sleepy

Perhaps beer gives you the power to never forget. Wink
I'll go get the numbers right now.

and after many delays,..here are the temps when I knocked the fan speed to 1
Not sure what I was worrying about. These temps are perfect,...and now the computer is even more silent!

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completed my A6-Pack Build and an unRaid server (with pictures)2