• 4(current)
Completed my A6-Pack Build and an unRaid server (with pictures)
(2012-05-16, 16:04)Beer40oz Wrote: Post a screenie of your temps.... with CPUID HM

Been trying to get the screen shot of temps to post,...but I can't get my family off of it now.
Amazing how quickly something SO cool gets taken away from me. Hahahaha

I'll have to build another one.

(2012-05-17, 23:12)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: I'll have to build another one.

+1!!!!!!!

I had to do the same thing!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-05-18, 02:10)Mick1152 Wrote:
(2012-05-17, 23:12)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: I'll have to build another one.

+1!!!!!!!

I had to do the same thing!

My only question would be: When do I take the dive? Wink

If you're like me, while you're getting parts for your first one and being indecisive! I started ordering parts to build a clone of Beer's A6-pack, then decided I needed a system to store the media locally (So I could take it out to my RV and have all my media with me for road trips), so ordered different case, then decided I wanted a bedroom system too and ordered more parts... before I knew it I had two HTPC's, an unRAID server, an empty bank account, and an unhappy wife!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD

(2012-05-19, 03:36)Mick1152 Wrote: If you're like me, while you're getting parts for your first one and being indecisive! I started ordering parts to build a clone of Beer's A6-pack, then decided I needed a system to store the media locally (So I could take it out to my RV and have all my media with me for road trips), so ordered different case, then decided I wanted a bedroom system too and ordered more parts... before I knew it I had two HTPC's, an unRAID server, an empty bank account, and an unhappy wife!

I am sorry about that.... Wink Tell your wife is all my fault....
She already knows and curses you and eskro's names!

(2012-05-19, 04:52)Mick1152 Wrote: She already knows and curses you and eskro's names!

You're exactly right! You think I told her this was my idea?
I'm just a lemming getting closer to the cliff.

Still haven't changed the fan speed setting to level 1. Currently it's on 5 and is completely silent and cool.
Based on Beer's recommendation, I will knock it down to 1,..that is once I can get my family off the thing.

Oh,..and I have to remember to get screen shots of the temp before and after.
I really can't believe how silent this build is,...VERY HAPPY!
Plan on getting screen shots of the temps tonight, as well as set fan speed to 1.
Beer will be happy to see screen shot. (He's been awesome help)
Didn't get the screen shots, because I could not get my family off of the HTPC. They love it!
Well another reason was that I got the PowerLine devices yesterday.

I got home from work, unwrapped them, plugged them in,..and instantly had network connections.
I then pushed the button on the sides of the devices to set the encryption for both devices and again,...no problems.
But the big test was the family. They had noticed that a few of the movies that were being streamed via wifi were stuttering.

We played 3-4 of the movies and no stuttering, instant playing,..and the fast forward, chapter skipping, stopping, starting were smooth!
I am SO glad I brought the ZyXEL PLA401v3 HomePlug AV 200 Mbps Powerline Wall-plug Adapter (Starter Kit - 2 units)

Needless to say,...I then went downstairs to pay the end of month bills while my family watched some movies.
My hope is to watch: "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" sometime before the end of this month.
JAJA that's crazy you can not take them off..... I would off taken my family off fast! It's MINE.......
(2012-05-24, 15:25)Beer40oz Wrote: JAJA that's crazy you can not take them off..... I would off taken my family off fast! It's MINE.......

Just another reason I can give them that I need to build another. Wink
If I were to build another right now: I'd build using the same parts all over again.
I am THAT pleased with how this system is working for me,..and how it looks.

(2012-05-24, 13:43)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: We played 3-4 of the movies and no stuttering, instant playing,..and the fast forward, chapter skipping, stopping, starting were smooth!
I am SO glad I brought the ZyXEL PLA401v3 HomePlug AV 200 Mbps Powerline Wall-plug Adapter (Starter Kit - 2 units)

Hello I am thinking of buying one of these in order to connect my htpc with a PS3 residing in another room in order to stream content.
Can you please tell me your experience with 1080p movies ?
(2012-05-24, 20:06)dkaris Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 13:43)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: We played 3-4 of the movies and no stuttering, instant playing,..and the fast forward, chapter skipping, stopping, starting were smooth!

Hello I am thinking of buying one of these in order to connect my htpc with a PS3 residing in another room in order to stream content.
Can you please tell me your experience with 1080p movies ?

I'd love to,......I can play 1080p movies flawlessly.
I just responded in another post where someone was asking about network speed tests because I use PowerLine devices to connect my unRaid server and my HTPC. My response was the following:

Why bother with speed tests,..you'll only drive yourself crazy by chasing something that you're always trying to tweak to perfection.
Here's my speed test,...bring family in room,..turn on movie playing at 1080p,...no stuttering,..perfect sound,...perfect picture,.....they're happy,..I'm HAPPY.

I've seen too many people waste a lot of time running tests and looking at graphs of comparison charts,..but they never get to enjoy their system, because they're always tweaking their system. I guess this can apply to cars too. With cars as an example, you'll never notice the difference between 300HP and 310HP,..enjoy the car.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to get some form of optimization,..I'm just saying at some point, you have to kick back and enjoy. My family can,....and I can too.
This system rocked as soon as I turned it on.

Do yourself a favor build this system, and enjoy.
I am tired of testing! I just wan't to enjoy now.
Hey if you wan't another HTPC check this out:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132320

just bought one.....
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completed my A6-Pack Build and an unRaid server (with pictures)2