Option to delete watched videos after watching?
Basically the only reason I keep having to use file mode is because this feature doesn't exist. Eventually the PVR branch will get merged and this feature will have to get added (all PVR and DVRs ask if you want to keep a show after watching it)
There the filecleaner add-on that deletes watched according to rules but with no prompt.
Not me. You should at least be able to turn it off
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-28, 03:25)Martijn Wrote: Not me. You should at least be able to turn it off

whose ever said it should be on? you know you can already delete shows in the menu.

I agree, something like this should maybe be done through advanced settings xml file but it should be added eventually.

Besides, I like the filecleaner but just a simple prompt that defaults to no after watching an episode would be great.
I do not see why this is such a big deal but either way I think it does not matter since it is possible to to in the skin.
There should be another thread on that.

The filecleaner approach is good enough for me but I needed to select per tv show and I have created a mod to do that.
There is also an option to move to holding.

EDIT: not what I was looking for but an example on how it can be done in a skin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid809710

EDIT2: and here is how.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98452
I am new to Kodi and given I have lived at the Unix/Linux shell command line since 1987, everything I do has to somehow come back to command line and pure ASCII text wherever possible.
Here is the extract of a script that I have started using that might help? (sorry I am on here years later):

=-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

#!/bin/bash
#
## Create a kodi watched shows text file
#

cd /tmp

cp /home/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos90.db /tmp/watched.db

sqlite3 watched.db << END
.output watched.txt
select strFileName from files where playCount > 0;
.exit
END

=-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Hope this helps - I have implemented a cron on my Linux system to do this so all I do is watch the shows, produce the text list, and then have another script pick it up and move the files to a 'watched' directory (folder).
(2015-08-09, 02:36)dmc1961 Wrote: I am new to Kodi and given I have lived at the Unix/Linux shell command line since 1987, everything I do has to somehow come back to command line and pure ASCII text wherever possible.
Here is the extract of a script that I have started using that might help? (sorry I am on here years later):

#!/bin/bash
#
#

cd /tmp

.output watched.txt
.exit
END

Hope this helps - I have implemented a cron on my Linux system to do this so all I do is watch the shows, produce the text list, and then have another script pick it up and move the files to a 'watched' directory (folder).

Hello,
The file cleaner does this without the need to understand cron etc. I think the main challenge is when you want to be able to create exceptions for some shows in a graphical interface.
(2015-08-09, 02:36)dmc1961 Wrote: I am new to Kodi and given I have lived at the Unix/Linux shell command line since 1987, everything I do has to somehow come back to command line and pure ASCII text wherever possible.

#!/bin/bash
#
#

cd /tmp

.output watched.txt
.exit
END

Not a solution for MySQL. Not a solution when the DB name changes. Not a solution on anything but Linux.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Feel better nickr? - just posting here to share what I have done to anyone else who may find it useful.
Yes and my post is simply a comment, not a criticism.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What if I deleted my current copy of kodi and reinstalled a new copy? Would I be able to find previously watched movies and tv show episodes?
(2010-12-07, 08:00)teaguecl Wrote:
GJones Wrote:It is a lot of work to get a show into the library just to remove it after watching it once.
Which is why I don't use the Library Smile I think I might be the only user I've seen since around 2006 who doesn't. I never thought the bells and whistles it provides was worth the hassle of maintaining the database.

I don't ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to delete watched videos after watching?0