HOW-TO play Nero AVC (H.264) in AVI
ok thanks!!. and the last one..hehe:

what profile do you use for these videos? advance, normal...hdtv...

regards!!
(igm3 @ june 25 2005,10:55 Wrote:ok thanks!!. and the last one..hehe:

what profile do you use for these videos? advance, normal...hdtv...

regards!!
standard avc.

please tell me whether the files work fine on your xbox.
ok thanks!!. at least 4 3 pm i can't use it because is on my girl's house!!.

i say you the results!!

bye!!
std avc, cabac and deblocking disabled. 2mbps:

source is a 1:1 vobfile, and the screenshot is from something that occured more than once. this is not my idea of a "nextgen" codec...
edit: i tested it with nero showtime just to make sure, it's there too, so just a 100% crappy encoding

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:envy sample (standard avc (1400 kbit), full dvd resolution (720x560), he-aac (192 kbit), no cabac and no deblocking, 30 seconds, 5,9 mb)

lots of frames dropped but viewable.

Quote:final destination 2 sample (standard avc (1600 kbit), full dvd width (720x384) , he-aac (128 kbit), no cabac and no deblocking, 24 seconds, 5,1 mb)

perfect, no frames dropped.

Quote:final destination 2 sample 2 (standard avc (1600 kbit), full dvd width (720x384), he-aac (128 kbit), no cabac and no deblocking, 15 seconds, 3,2 mb)

perfect, no frames dropped.

Quote:final destination 2 sample 3[/url] (standard avc (1600 kbit), full dvd width (720x384), he-aac (128 kbit), cabac and deblocking activated, 15 seconds, 3,2 mb)

almost all frames dropped.
differences in results are probably caused by using different xbmc settings like:

- render method
- cache settings
- post processing

are there some sort of ideal xbmc-settings for avc?
(rabomil @ june 25 2005,10:01 Wrote:avc compatible mplayer.dll:
mplayer.dll
could you please build mplayer.dll from the last mplayer cvs ? a lot of things have changed from 1.0pre7

thank you for your build
for best results with nero's h264 on the xbox i have found that it does not matter which profile you select, but rather turning off all the "encoding tools" and "visual enhancments" options.  disable everything in both those sections. (expert mode)

also be sure and disable the resize option under the video settings.

enable the deinterlace feature if the original video is interlaced

i am able to watch video at 720x480 encoded with cinema avc, standard avc or maxium avc profile at speeds up to 2000 kbps with 0 fames lost.

higher than 2000 kpbs causes  problems for me.

thanks again danoon for sharing this...    Smile
(pgen @ june 26 2005,20:56 Wrote:
(rabomil @ june 25 2005,10:01 Wrote:avc compatible mplayer.dll:
mplayer.dll
could you please build mplayer.dll from the last mplayer cvs ? a lot of things have changed from 1.0pre7

thank you for your build
i tried to compile a newer mplayer.dll, but did not succeed. all sorts of errors and no new mplayer.dll.

i replaced the libavcodec folder with the one from the latest cvs build, but that doesn't work. i probably also need a newer libavformat folder, but i don't know how to get a newer one. the link on the mplayer site doesn't help me either.

maybe someone else can compile a newer mplayer.dll with avc compatibility?
Sad 
ok, for some reason i am not having much success with compiling a working version of the mplayer.dll

i followed the instructions carefully and tried many variations on somewhat vague parts. i tried replacing the libavcodec and libavformat folders directly and did not have any problems until i tried to make the dll which complained about not having certain folders. i tried just copying the contents of the folders over the contents of the other folders and got the dll to compile but no matter which way i do it i get this loud screeching in the audio of every file.

any ideas?
(number7 @ june 27 2005,03:52 Wrote:for best results with nero's h264 on the xbox i have found that it does not matter which profile you select, but rather turning off all the "encoding tools" and "visual enhancments" options.  disable everything in both those sections. (expert mode)

also be sure and disable the resize option under the video settings.

enable the deinterlace feature if the original video is interlaced

i am able to watch video at 720x480 encoded with cinema avc, standard avc or maxium avc profile at speeds up to 2000 kbps with 0 fames lost.

higher than 2000 kpbs causes  problems for me.

thanks again danoon for sharing this...    Smile
also, could someone please tell me where these settings are, i am looking for them all over xbmc and files in mplayer. there is not much posted anywhere about this.
orbitus: those settings are in the nero recode product for making the h264. to see them you have to click the check box for expert mode.

i've experimented with h264 on the xbox some more. i even made a version of mplayer.dll back porting the newest h264 from ffmpeg that includes mmx optimization. but even that could not handle cabac or deblocking.

and just as an observation, without caba and deblocking turned on i can run 720x480 just fine. but occassionally it will still skip a frame if the average bitrate for the sceen goes above ~3mbps. i've been encoding most of my dvds at 1mbps but even then some scenes will spike the bitrate considerably. and i have not seen any setting in nero recode to set the max bitrate when encoding 2 pass vbr. but for now i find it acceptable for a movie to drop a couple of frame here and there while i'm waiting for the next piece of hardware (maybe xbox 360).
(danoon @ june 27 2005,19:45 Wrote:i've experimented with h264 on the xbox some more.  i even made a version of mplayer.dll back porting the newest h264 from ffmpeg that includes mmx optimization.  but even that could not handle cabac or deblocking.
please share this mplayer.dll with us.  :bowdown:
yes please share
this mplayer was compiled from the xbmc cvs with libavcodec and libavformat from mplayer1.0pre7. in addition h264.c and supporting files, including the dsp mmx files came from ffmpeg cvs.

libavcodec and libavformat cannot simply be copied from the latest ffmepg cvs because of some structural changes in the avcodec.h.

mplayer.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO play Nero AVC (H.264) in AVI0