HOW-TO play Nero AVC (H.264) in AVI
can you post the dll onto the newsgroups? none off the dll links work.

thanx
(danoon @ june 28 2005,03:49 Wrote:this mplayer was compiled from the xbmc cvs with libavcodec and libavformat from mplayer1.0pre7.  in addition h264.c and supporting files, including the dsp mmx files came from ffmpeg cvs.

mplayer.zip
thank you danoon, i'll try it tonight

btw i downloaded the .zip with wget without problem
download doesn't seem to work for me. yahoo says "we're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing. "

anyone else having the same problem?
no, you are not the only one who can not get the provided links to work. i am hoping that the links either become active again, or a new one is provided soon :d
is the reason i am only getting sound, because the mp4 video is in a mkv container?
(manicbomber @ june 29 2005,08:47 Wrote:is the reason i am only getting sound, because the mp4 video is in a mkv container?
er, no they are in mp4 containers, hence the .mp4 extention! plus you are using the new mplayer.dll that's posted in this thread right? if not then of course you won't get video since thats the entire point of the thread.

btw i'm assuming your talking about the videos posted here, if not please make make your post clearer. if you are trying to play other mkv files which contain avc video then yes this could be the problem.
(manicbomber @ june 29 2005,08:03 Wrote:no, you are not the only one who can not get the provided links to work. i am hoping that the links either become active again, or a new one is provided soon :d
right clink on the the link and select "copy shortcut" under ie or "copy link location" under firefox.

paste the link to in the url bar on your browser and that should get it for you.
deltop - i thought it would be pretty much common sense that i was not referring to the files listed here, and the files would be some of my own, since i already said that they are in the matroska container, and thus have a .mkv extension, instead of a .mp4 extension, as the files listed in this thread obviously have. i don't think i can be more clear than to make such an overwhelmingly obvious statement to separate the two. i'm sorry if my post confused you.

i am only getting sound without video, and i didn't think the container would matter, because mplayer can still read matroska, it just needed to be able to read the video codec within?
(dyrewolfe @ june 29 2005,13:51 Wrote:
(manicbomber @ june 29 2005,08:03 Wrote:right clink on the the link and select "copy shortcut" under ie or "copy link location" under firefox.

paste the link to in the url bar on your browser and that should get it for you.
now that's interesting... that worked! i guess geocities doesn't like referrers on their files, eh? should've just put the url on there instead of the link: http://www.geocities.com/danoon_xbmc/mplayer.zip

thanx for the heads up
given the vast number of replies on this board and others that basically consist of "why isn't this working" it's always best to give as much info as possible Wink never worry about giving too much info. be as clear and precise as possible. perhaps i was a bit short with you in which case i apologise, that wasn't my intention. it's just your post wasn't too clear, and not knowing how much knowledge a poster has makes it all the harder to answer properly.

but your problem is that the it's only ffmpeg which has been updated in these mplayer.dll's and not the specific code in mplayer itself which takes care of demuxing containers. at least as far as i can tell. i've ran into the same problem when trying an avc encode in an mkv container.
c:\program files\mkvtoolnix>mkvmerge -i cannonfodder.mkv
file 'cannonfodder.mkv': container: matroska
track id 1: video (v_mpeg4/iso/avc)
track id 2: audio (a_aac/mpeg4/lc/sbr)
track id 3: subtitles (s_text/utf8)

this is the file that i am trying to get, so ever unsuccessfully, to work in xbmc. i will use either gspot or mkvmerge from now on when i am talking about a video file, because as you mentioned, it does make good sense to let people know exactly what i am talking about and the information provided by either or should be sufficient.

and if anyone is reading this far, i also managed to get the files by the flashget method that was listed earlier in this thread.
fyi

i posted a nero-digital (avc) sample movie on usenet (alt.binaries.nerodigital). please let me know whether this sample movie works on your xbox. i use a pal xbox and i am able to play it without framedrops.

details from my nfo file:

movie name: the way of the gun
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202677/
movie length: 1:59.14
source: r1 retail dvd

codec: nero digital (avc/h.264)
average video bitrate: 1.47mbps
audio: 5.1-channel surround (he-aac 128kbit/sec)
video resolution: 720x400
file size: 1480 mb (1/3 of the size of a sl-dvdr)
subtitles: english (srt)

rate control: high quality encoding (2-pass)

(general settings)
decision quality: high quality (maximum)
maximum vector range: -128 to 127.75
maximum reference frames: 1
maximum gop size: 300
maximum b-frames: not applicable

(encoding tools)
cabac: no
bidirectional prediction: no
macroblock partitions: no
weighted prediction: no
deblocking: no

(visual enhancements)
source material: chroma optimization
psycho-visual enhancements: disabled

(usenet groups)
this movie will be crossposted to alt.binaries.movies and alt.binaries.nerodigital

extra info: this nero-digital (avc) movie was encoded with xbox users in mind, so i did not use any encoding tools. this movie can be played without framedrops with xbmc, using the enclosed mplayer.dll, which is avc/h.264 compatible. replace it with your existing mplayer.dll (xbmc/system/players/mplayer).
thanks for your efforts rabomil.

unfortunately after downloading your example i get a lot of dropped frames - which is a shame because it looks like a reasonable film.

i will play around some more over the weekend and try and get it to work and try for a recompile of the dll.

are there any other setting changes, other than replacing the dll that i should be aware of? i have tried to change things like post processing etc. but to no avail.

ben.
(confusedfish @ july 08 2005,14:50 Wrote:thanks for your efforts rabomil.

unfortunately after downloading your example i get a lot of dropped frames - which is a shame because it looks like a reasonable film.

i will play around some more over the weekend and try and get it to work and try for a recompile of the dll.

are there any other setting changes, other than replacing the dll that i should be aware of? i have tried to change things like post processing etc. but to no avail.

ben.
i'm sorry for my late response.

the cache settings are really important. these are the settings i use. but it is important to know that i'm only playing movies from dvd or harddisk. i adjusted my cache settings according to that.

video/audio/dvd cache - harddisk 2048 kb
video cache - dvdrom  6144 kb
audio cache - dvdrom 256 kb
dvd cache - dvdrom 4096 kb

all other parameters 0 kb

i hope this info helps you. please keep me posted.
please upload mplayer.dll to yousendit and post link here.
http://www.yousendit.com

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO play Nero AVC (H.264) in AVI0