Safe mode?
Shocked 
Elo everyone!

Re-building my media Mini-Mac from scratch and just installed the trakt add-in and ever since, XBMC freezes the second after Trakt starts (as XBMC starts).

So, I would like to uninstall the trakt add-in (and try the latest beta) - but even though many threads say you need to start in safe mode - nobody says HOW to start in safe mode.

1. So, please... How do I start XBMC in safe-mode in OSX?

I´ve tried to find the trakt add-in via the content of XBMC.app (Contents/Resources/XBMC/Addons) - but nothing related to Trakt mentioned there!

2. Oh, and a n00b question - is a nightly build that is released later than the official 11.0 Eden "newer" and with lesser bugs or merely experimental?

Thank you in advance - I await your answer with great anticipation!

Cheers!

(2012-05-07, 21:11)Roquen Wrote: Elo everyone!

Re-building my media Mini-Mac from scratch and just installed the trakt add-in and ever since, XBMC freezes the second after Trakt starts (as XBMC starts).

So, I would like to uninstall the trakt add-in (and try the latest beta) - but even though many threads say you need to start in safe mode - nobody says HOW to start in safe mode.

1. So, please... How do I start XBMC in safe-mode in OSX?

I´ve tried to find the trakt add-in via the content of XBMC.app (Contents/Resources/XBMC/Addons) - but nothing related to Trakt mentioned there!

2. Oh, and a n00b question - is a nightly build that is released later than the official 11.0 Eden "newer" and with lesser bugs or merely experimental?

Thank you in advance - I await your answer with great anticipation!

Cheers!

Try looking in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder. The ~/Library folder might be hidden, if so then hold option-key then click on the Go menu, then select Library.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2012-05-07, 22:22)winestock Wrote: Try looking in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder. The ~/Library folder might be hidden, if so then hold option-key then click on the Go menu, then select Library.

Nope nothing there - neither with showing hidden files or std settings... Is there no way to start XBMC in "safe mode"? I just need a few more seconds to disable the add-in. Sad

I don't know what 'safe mode' would mean under osx. Never hear of it.

If '~/Library/Application Support/XBMC" does not exist, then you have never run xbmc under that user account Smile
(2012-05-07, 22:58)davilla Wrote: I don't know what 'safe mode' would mean under osx. Never hear of it.

If '~/Library/Application Support/XBMC" does not exist, then you have never run xbmc under that user account Smile

Entering Safe mode is when you hold down the shift-key while booting OS X. That might be what the original poster was referring to.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2012-05-08, 01:36)winestock Wrote: Entering Safe mode is when you hold down the shift-key while booting OS X. That might be what the original poster was referring to.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

Yes, I would want to enter XBMC in a simular fashion... a "safe mode" where no add-ons are loaded.

Again:

1. I installed a clean XBMC 11.0 (Eden) installation on a sparcling new/clean OSX 10.7.3

2. I started XBMC and made a number of adapting i.e. skins, settings, adding movies etc. + a number of restards

3. I downloaded and "ZIP-installed" what was said to be the latest "stable" version of TRAKT add-on + restart

4. About four seconds in starting XBMC - the TRAKT-logo shows that it is about to update my library... and it freezes the whloe XBMC (non-responsive).

So, I want to be able to disable the current TRAKT add-on (using some kind of XBMC safe mode) and install the latest TRAKT add-in beta (that might save the day)

There are however no XBMC-folders under "/Library/Application Support" on my main HDD (see picture) or any TRAKT-related under the content for XBMC.app

...well, I guess I need to re-install the whole thing!

IIRC, the "safe mode" is for the trakt add-on, not XBMC or Mac OS X. I would look in the add-on's config window to see if it is there. Find the add-on in "System -> Add-ons -> Installed add-ons -> Video -> trakt".
Smile 
(2012-05-08, 06:19)Ned Scott Wrote: IIRC, the "safe mode" is for the trakt add-on, not XBMC or Mac OS X. I would look in the add-on's config window to see if it is there. Find the add-on in "System -> Add-ons -> Installed add-ons -> Video -> trakt".

Unfortunatly, I have only about 4 seconds after starting XBMC until the whole software freezed (no response) and you have to force quit XMBC. So no time to go in to the add-on settings.

But, I´ve reinstalled XBMC from scratch (removed with App Cleaner) and tried the "beta" version of the add-on... that seem to work... so for! Smile

Thank you all for your input! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Safe mode?0