OS X SMB shares unavailable after wake
I've been using Gotham on my Mac Mini running Snow Leopard for some time. The media is stored on a Ubuntu server, shared using SMB. This has worked great for some time, then I decided to try Kodi 14.0. The shares are still accessible and everything plays fine. However after the Mac Mini sleeps and wakes, the SMB shares are unavailable. Playback tries for a while and then gives up. The log file simply indicates that smb://MEDIASERVER/Volumes/disk4/... is unavailable. I don't have access to the log at the time of this writing. But if it's crucial, I can provide it.

The issue is that this was working fine under Gotham. After wake, the shares would be auto-mounted. I've verified that after wake, the SMB share is accessible by using Finder to open a connection to smb://MEDIASERVER/... This works fine. It just seems to be that Kodi won't auto-mount on access like Gotham did. Is this known? I'll also note that the shares were added via the Add Source->Browse->Windows Network->WORKGROUP->... route.

Thanks,
Matt
This may work:

Kodi > System > Settings > System > Power saving > Try to wake remote servers on access

(2015-01-16, 04:48)wrxtasy Wrote: This may work:

Kodi > System > Settings > System > Power saving > Try to wake remote servers on access

It did. Thanks! Oddly enough, I have another identical setup that does not have this problem. I just confirmed that it does not have that option checked. But at least I have it working now.

Thanks again.
Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares unavailable after wake0