Skipping to next part in a multipart movie.
I've searched high and low, but I've not found a way to to this.

If I have the following structure:

Movie.part1.mkv <--- main movie.
Movie.part2.mkv <--- bonus material from DVD
Movie.part3.mkv <--- more bonus material
Movie.part4.mkv <--- even more bonus stuff.

How do you skip from from one part to another?
Next ">|" sign only skips to next chapter in mkv, or if no chapters tries to play the next item in a playlist.

Is there any command that will skip parts in a multi part movieHuh

Any input welcome!

/OM

Just keep seeking through and you'll end up in the next part.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-08, 01:16)jmarshall Wrote: Just keep seeking through and you'll end up in the next part.

Thanx for pointing out the obvious...^^

Point is, sometimes you just want to skip directly to next part, without hitting the remote umpteen times to get there....

The question is, is there a key/script combination that will accomplish this, or does it need to be asked as a new feature?

/om
You can skip to a particular time using time input, or you could skip using the seekbar if you have touch etc.

There's no particular way as far as I'm aware to skip to the next stack item, assuming you're treating it as a stack and not as a playlist.

Essentially: Stacks are designed to be seamless (2 part movies for example). They're not designed for the purpose you are using them for, thus, don't expect things to work well for that purpose.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Don't think you can do it from the OSD. I don't currently have any multi-part movies to test with, but if I remember it correctly you can press 'c' in the movie library and select "Play part..."
(2012-05-08, 02:36)sialivi Wrote: Don't think you can do it from the OSD. I don't currently have any multi-part movies to test with, but if I remember it correctly you can press 'c' in the movie library and select "Play part..."

Thanx a bunch! Hitting c on the movie worked!
Having a skip to next part would be great (devs?), but the play part feature works also. Only you have to go back to movie menu for each part you want to peruse.

Using stacking for bonus material and bonus dvd's is a great feature of xbmc. Gives you a place to put all that extra material you want to keep in the correct context.

Been using xbmc for years, but there is always something new to learn.

One rep for you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping to next part in a multipart movie.0